Cleaning cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If im correct, prefilled cartomizers have the atomizer inside the cartrige. well it would be a shame to throw away an atomizer every time the cart runs out of juice.
ive seen people refill cartos and it dosent look difficult to do, but here's my question.
would i need to change the packing(cotton looking stuff) in a prefilled carto prior to filling it with my own ejuice? would any flavors cross over from the prefill? and what is the packing made of?
i ordered 1oz of 20mg menthol VG and the cartos im planning to refill had tobacco flavor in them.

Anavrin

Jul 25, 2010
Otisville, Michigan
i'm still a noob only been vaping five days now but all i've used is 510 cartos. I've just blown out some prefilled cartos that were nasty and boiled them out. Boil for 15 min, rinse, blow, boil for another 15 min, rinse, blow. Then i let them sit out over night standing upright on a paper towel.

As for pulling out the filling Doctor Vapor on vapetv.com has an instructional video showing you how to pull filler and use the carto for dripping.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I have about five main carto flavors and liquid flavors that I use. And ... I don't attempt to clean or boil the cartos. All I do is match the e-liquid flavor with whatever flavor was in the carto, re-fill using the condom method and enjoy vaping.

Usually I can re-use the carto three to ten times and then I just toss it when it doesn't taste right or gets plugged up.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread