Cleaning and Steeping with an Ultrasonic Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA-Vapite

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Los Angeles
Amazon.com: BlackHillsGoldSource Model 890 Professional Ultrasonic Cleaner - 30 Minute Timer - Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner, Eyeglass Cleaner, Dentures Cleaner and Other Household Sonic Cleaning - 600ml, 50 Watt, 42khz - Digital Timer with 18 Cycles to

I get lazy cleaning my mechs and I just can't wait for some juices to Mature . so after reading numerous threads on mech mod cleaning and juice steeping, I figured getting an ultrasonic cleaner was worth the relatively small investment

High marks on both ends.

Just got my monthly 100 ML Boba's , which is decent OOTB, but a bit of steeping for a few weeks is really needed.
So added luke warm water with Boba's and Vape Dad's Isla Mujeres (2 of my favorites), cap off for 3 X 30 minute cycles, and my juice is ready.
Few xtra shakes, cap on and time to drip
Pre Vaped both of them on before steeping on clean wicks to compare before and after to make sure placebo affect was not too impacting, and this really works.
Alone worth the investment

So I haven't really cleaned any of my mechs lately, although I do use ISO on the threads weekly, and use some grapite on a few of the lock rings for that "1 spin" and lock affect, especially on my Sting Ray's. So added a 5-to-1 solution of Distilled Vinegar, a bit of DW soap, and some kosher salt, to luke warm water.
Mixed it up really well, Took apart all parts from Sting Rayx, and my Copper pegasus. Put them both through 20 minute cycles.

Rinsed well with luke water, dryed them nicely, and I have to say this really works nicely.
Sure my 3 month Patina washed out a bit but that has already come back.
The Pegagus really hits as hard as when new, and my Sting RayX looks like new.

I included all parts except the 510 and rice pins, as I choose to just ISO those separately.

The one linked above is one of many that came recommended, and I am sure there are better /more advanced one's out there that people have used with success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread