cleaned my pipe sucessfully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saphic

Aug 29, 2009
Seattle, WA
Just wanted to share this for anyone else who likes to clean thier atomizers rather than replace them. I figure since they are so expensive for these devices, this would be helpful. My pipe works much better now and I still have no leaking.
I put %99 alcohol in a dropper bottle and distilled, not tap, water in a dropper bottle. I make my own juice so I had them handy with a little funnel for filling the bottles. Drip a little alcohol on the element then immediately pour it out and wring until dry. This stuff evaporates quick so repeat until clean. use only a few drops at a time and don't use too much, you don't want it soaking through and leaking. you can fire the atomizer a few times to burn some off by tapping the pipe or puffing it. sometimes mine sticks on and then i just tap it again to turn it off. Repeat the process with distilled water. Please do not use tap water, evaporated chlorine will burn like a ...., kinda like with a neti pot but worse. Make sure the pipe is clear and relatively dry then juice it up and smoke it for a bit.
This process worked great for me on a newer pipe. I clean my attys pretty regularly on my cigs to keep them smoking wonderfully so I'm glad I found a way to clean my pipe. it was getting funky and not working sometimes and I'm really glad it's fixed.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Doesn't the 601 come with a atty cleaning feature? Or doesn't that work so well?

They do, you just have to short the little brass pin to the battery arm post.
The problem with that, of course, is that you're just burning anything that's on there already. Yes, it will improve things somewhat, but not as much as if you rinse the atty/bridge first.

The above poster's method works well, I did something similar myself and it improved vapor production and flavor. The only difference is that I used 80 proof vodka.

Also, a note- I believe the OP meant 95% pure grain alcohol. 99% would be impossible unless it was denatured (which is poisonous and therefore not good for vaping wares). 95%/190 proof pure grain alcohol however is quite common, and although a bit strong for drinking, is wonderful for all sorts of food-safe cleaning and making extracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread