cigs vs e-cigs vs nicorette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
The amount of nicotine you absorb is exclusive to you. I absorb it differently than you, you absorb it differently than the next person. There's no way to know how much you are getting.

I recommend the following: VAPE EARLY AND VAPE OFTEN!

Don't do it like you smoked. When I smoked I would wait until I had a nic fit and then try to hold off as long as I could before smoking -- mostly just to save cigs and save money. You can't do that with e-cigs. You have to vape BEFORE you start wanting a smoke - vape just for the sake of vaping. Chain vape. Vape after you think you don't want a smoke anymore. Vape in the bathroom, vape at a restaurant, vape at the library, vape in bed. vape, vape, vape.....

Try to overdo it. If you still want a cigarette, vape while you think about smoking and if the feeling doesn't pass on its own have a smoke! Pretty soon the feeling WILL pass on its own and you'll be able to satisfy yourself just vaping and not smoking.

After that, the honey moon feeling wears off and you'll start vaping on a more regular schedule. You won't chain vape forever - but for now, do it.

Satharra

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2010
Middle TN
I agree wholeheartedly with Rosa. You end up having to vape a lot more frequently than you would smoke. It seems to have something to do with the other chemicals in cigarettes that act as MAIOs. Basically, they help the nicotine rush last a bit longer and be more satisfying. Not sure if the gum has chemicals in there that mimic that effect.

Just remember, typically most people take between 2-5 minutes to smoke a cigarette. Be sure to vape as long as you'd smoke a cigarette and longer if you still have the craving. It's all right to do that.

Vapomaniac

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Long Island
I recommend the following: VAPE EARLY AND VAPE OFTEN! ...

Shazzzzzam! Couldn't possibly agree more with Rosa. Just remember that you are you, and what works for someone else might not be the right solution for you. Just as long as you're working toward whatever goal you've set for yourself, you're on the right track.

Bes of luck,

Marie

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I recommend the following: VAPE EARLY AND VAPE OFTEN!

Don't do it like you smoked. When I smoked I would wait until I had a nic fit and then try to hold off as long as I could before smoking -- mostly just to save cigs and save money. You can't do that with e-cigs. You have to vape BEFORE you start wanting a smoke - vape just for the sake of vaping. Chain vape. Vape after you think you don't want a smoke anymore. Vape in the bathroom, vape at a restaurant, vape at the library, vape in bed. vape, vape, vape.....

Rosa
I really appreciate your advise!

I've been vaping for months, but I continue to purchase analog, and smoke 'em!

I'm now waiting for a bottom feed mod, after telling myself that if I didn't have to deal with the mess, the paper towels to clean the wet atty, clean up the wet battery, carry around juice bottles, spare battery, nakpins, etc. (I've been dripping lately, which seems to create more of a mess, but gives me much nicer flavor/throat hits) that I'd finally stop analogs completely!

I'm going to try your suggestion. My mod (an Ali'i) will arrive in about a week, but in the meantime, rather then tell myself I'll quit completely when it arrives, I'm going to try your suggestion!

Thanks!

bbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2010
Florida
Shel ... re: quitting ... after 40 years of smoking, I quit, by accident ... I never intended to ... only to try these new fangled gadgets and maybe cut down my smoking ... I never put any pressure on myself to quit, never set a date or anything drastic like that ... I still don't consider myself an ex-smoker ... I just don't dwell on it ... I had 3 analogs my first week of vaping, and none since ... and that was 6 weeks ago ... I had a dramatic improvement in how I felt every day ... that was a big motivator ... I'm enjoying my new found energy, no smell on me and my sense of taste and smell is returning ... whatever works for ya and congrats to ya ... hang in there, you got lots of moral support and best wishes from lots of ppl that been thru it too

Madison Ave

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Massachusetts
Well, I've only been vaping for 3 days now, and, yes, chain vaping! lol I will tell you though, I have not yet wanted nor felt the need to have an analog! This is great! I am also using low nic between 6mg-12mg and seems to be working just fine for me. BTW I was a 2 pad smoker. So this really is working for me...it is almost to good to be true. I love my new found 'habit'....:)

KellyinAZ

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Mesa, AZ
I have been analog free since 9/21/10 and I have been a vaping maniac! I will say this I did have a couple of panic attacks to grab my keys and go buy analogs until I figured out it was the menthol I was missing. I never cared for the taste of tobacco and always smoked menthol. Now, I am finding that I don't even think about an analog. I found a nic level right for me, and flavors that I really love and look forward to vaping. I don't even miss the first thing in the morning analog. They never even cross my mind. I did have to change my toothbrush and wash all the clothes in my laundry basket that smelled like an ashtray. So now I just vape away. I'm not walking around with it like a pacifier anymore but I am still vaping more than I was smoking BUT in less than 2 months my oxygen saturation level went from 90% to 95% so that sealed it for me. Easy choice to make. My doctors are happy, well after I printed off some comparison charts of e-cigs vs analogs. Then they said they were going to make copies and give them to their other patients who smoke...

Hang tough, don't put pressure on yourself, you'll see one day you will realize you haven't had an analog in a couple of days and you didn't even notice it. ;~)

Be well,
KellyinAZ
In God We Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread