Chuckin at 6v

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3rplexity

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Texas
Hello fellow chuckleheads,

Well, I broke down and finally bought all the gear needed for 6v vaping on the chuck. I gotta say, I'm quite disappointed :(. It may be because the only thing I vape is my homemade menthol but 6v is just too harsh for me, anyone else agree?

I normally vape cartomizers only but I tried it out on a 901 and a 510 atty as well and all 3 of them are way too harsh for me.

Can anyone think of anything I could do during the mixing process to make my 6v vape more enjoyable? Possibly making it thicker some how? PG is all I use but I have some VG that I'd be willing to experiment if it is thought to be better for 6v vaping.

Any replies are appreciated!

Brachinus

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Jersey Shore
I don't have links right now, but they make high voltage attys that can reduce the voltage to around 5V. Some people seem to like them, but for some reason you're not supposed to drip with them (but I'm guessing that means they don't melt carts the way 6V can).

You might try reducing the flavor on the menthol, if you're making your own juice. A different base (PG vs. VG) might help too.

Another option to think about is getting a 510-801 adapter and using an 801 atty. I find it's a lot smoother at 6V, sort of like a 510 puff on steroids (similar flavor, more volume).

ltros

Dec 24, 2009
Missouri
Hello fellow chuckleheads,

Well, I broke down and finally bought all the gear needed for 6v vaping on the chuck. I gotta say, I'm quite disappointed :(. It may be because the only thing I vape is my homemade menthol but 6v is just too harsh for me, anyone else agree?

I normally vape cartomizers only but I tried it out on a 901 and a 510 atty as well and all 3 of them are way too harsh for me.

Can anyone think of anything I could do during the mixing process to make my 6v vape more enjoyable? Possibly making it thicker some how? PG is all I use but I have some VG that I'd be willing to experiment if it is thought to be better for 6v vaping.

Any replies are appreciated!

I use the High Volt Attys but found the 801 to be a bit to hot. Made my juice too warm and produced a bad taste.
I now use an adapter with a 510 atty and direct drip. This produces good taste and just slightly warms the vapor. I haven't mixed my own liquid yet but have had the best luck with the Halo liquids. The thickness seems to be in the right area.
Hope this helps some but you know everyones taste is a bit different. Just keep experimenting till you find yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread