• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I was thinking earlier about the 'meaning' of Christmas. This day has turned into a 'season' beginning at Thanksgiving, and I like that. I normally start listening to the Christmas music during November, but haven't listened to much of it this year. With my husband being sick for 2 1/2 months then I got sick for close to 2 weeks, I honestly wasn't in the mood. I love music of all kinds, so I found it rather odd that I didn't have it playing 24/7! But since my daddy passed from earth into the Kingdom of Heaven in 2007 and my mom in 2009, we have spent the last two Christmases in Pigeon Forge, TN. This year, it was time to stay home and I even put a tree up. I just love the lights!!!! We don't have our small amount of presents under the tree because our Daschund likes to TT on anything on the floor. For those of you who have one, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Stores hope to sell a quota during the Christmas shopping period, and the last thing I wish to do is over spend for gifts. I got my granddaughters a gift certificate each to Toys R Us. Since I rarely see them, and with what I have to spend, I can't afford most of everything anyway. I make most of my gifts because I just love doing it. Handmade items that I've ever received are deeply cherished......and I do mean cherished. If it weren't for the internet, I'd be in a world of hurts as I hate shopping and especially putting up with crowds. People now a days are inconsiderate and rude......not all, but most. Is Christmas about giving and receiving gifts? In some families it is.

What about Santa? Yeah, I know it's suppose to be for the children, but what does it say about parents lying to their children. If Santa isn't real, is Jesus real? I know I'm in a minority on this, but I considered my parents lying as just that.......THEY LIED TO ME! I can still remember how I felt when I specifically asked about Santa and found out the truth. I felt betrayed, and an 8 year old child knows what betrayal is all about. How does Jesus feel about this? We know who the 'father of lies' is. A lie is a lie. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't lie to my son about this or the stupid easter bunny. I wasn't a child of the King when my son was small. I got saved when I was 35 years old and my son was living with his father and 14 years old. He eventually came back after a year.

Why do people's heart melt around the holidays and they contribute to the unfortunate? Does that mean people care less during the other 11 months of the year? Hmmmmmmmmmm.............doesn't being a true Christian mean that you celebrate Christmas all the other months of the year too? The unfortunate have needs the other months of the year too!

Does Christmas mean getting together with family? I think it's great, but what a major stress and strain on everyone! You make special memories, though, that will last throughout your life! But don't forget to get together with your family during the other months..........and the debt that is caused because you buy gifts that you really can't afford and wind up putting on your credit cards, which you pay on the rest of the year.....and the FOOD! My mother-in-law makes a caramel cake to die for! I love the food, but I'm calorie challenged. :)

So what have I missed?????????? Where is Jesus in all of this festivity? Is He invited into all of your plans? I mean, if it weren't for Him, there would be no Christmas. If He knocked on your door or rang your door bell, would He be welcomed? What kind of gift would you give to Him? He's already given you the greatest gift of all.........His sacrifice on the cross! Would He be welcome to join you watching the football games? Would His presence be an exciting time or would you do things different because He's there? The news I have for you is that He IS there......even if you can't see Him. Would He fit in or be a hinderance? I, for one, would love to have Jesus visibly spend Christmas with us! I would just have a spell. There is always room around the table for One more.

May you all have the best Christmas ever, with peace and joy in your heart and the Name of Jesus be on your lips! Amein and Amein!!!

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I was thinking earlier about the 'meaning' of Christmas. This day has turned into a 'season' beginning at Thanksgiving, and I like that. I normally start listening to the Christmas music during November, but haven't listened to much of it this year. With my husband being sick for 2 1/2 months then I got sick for close to 2 weeks, I honestly wasn't in the mood. I love music of all kinds, so I found it rather odd that I didn't have it playing 24/7! But since my daddy passed from earth into the Kingdom of Heaven in 2007 and my mom in 2009, we have spent the last two Christmases in Pigeon Forge, TN. This year, it was time to stay home and I even put a tree up. I just love the lights!!!! We don't have our small amount of presents under the tree because our Daschund likes to TT on anything on the floor. For those of you who have one, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Stores hope to sell a quota during the Christmas shopping period, and the last thing I wish to do is over spend for gifts. I got my granddaughters a gift certificate each to Toys R Us. Since I rarely see them, and with what I have to spend, I can't afford most of everything anyway. I make most of my gifts because I just love doing it. Handmade items that I've ever received are deeply cherished......and I do mean cherished. If it weren't for the internet, I'd be in a world of hurts as I hate shopping and especially putting up with crowds. People now a days are inconsiderate and rude......not all, but most. Is Christmas about giving and receiving gifts? In some families it is.

What about Santa? Yeah, I know it's suppose to be for the children, but what does it say about parents lying to their children. If Santa isn't real, is Jesus real? I know I'm in a minority on this, but I considered my parents lying as just that.......THEY LIED TO ME! I can still remember how I felt when I specifically asked about Santa and found out the truth. I felt betrayed, and an 8 year old child knows what betrayal is all about. How does Jesus feel about this? We know who the 'father of lies' is. A lie is a lie. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't lie to my son about this or the stupid easter bunny. I wasn't a child of the King when my son was small. I got saved when I was 35 years old and my son was living with his father and 14 years old. He eventually came back after a year.

Why do people's heart melt around the holidays and they contribute to the unfortunate? Does that mean people care less during the other 11 months of the year? Hmmmmmmmmmm.............doesn't being a true Christian mean that you celebrate Christmas all the other months of the year too? The unfortunate have needs the other months of the year too!

Does Christmas mean getting together with family? I think it's great, but what a major stress and strain on everyone! You make special memories, though, that will last throughout your life! But don't forget to get together with your family during the other months..........and the debt that is caused because you buy gifts that you really can't afford and wind up putting on your credit cards, which you pay on the rest of the year.....and the FOOD! My mother-in-law makes a caramel cake to die for! I love the food, but I'm calorie challenged. :)

So what have I missed?????????? Where is Jesus in all of this festivity? Is He invited into all of your plans? I mean, if it weren't for Him, there would be no Christmas. If He knocked on your door or rang your door bell, would He be welcomed? What kind of gift would you give to Him? He's already given you the greatest gift of all.........His sacrifice on the cross! Would He be welcome to join you watching the football games? Would His presence be an exciting time or would you do things different because He's there? The news I have for you is that He IS there......even if you can't see Him. Would He fit in or be a hinderance? I, for one, would love to have Jesus visibly spend Christmas with us! I would just have a spell. There is always room around the table for One more.

May you all have the best Christmas ever, with peace and joy in your heart and the Name of Jesus be on your lips! Amein and Amein!!!

Wonderful post sis! It is all so true.

I wish you and yours a very Blessed Christmas!!

In His Love,
'T'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread