Christmas splurge...what to buy?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejd

Nov 23, 2015
London, United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I've been vaping for about 3 months now, I started off with an Aspire nautilus Mini, moved on to a Kanger SUBTANK-Mini but then decided to go back to my nautilus due to problems with flavour/leaking etc. I'm currently using a U20 box mod, it's basically an iStick clone but more powerful as they can go to 7.6v/23w whereas the smaller iStick can't.

I'm using a 1.8 Ohm coil with my Nautilus and vape at around 13.3w...but I want something new! I want something that will still give me the hit I used to get from cigarettes but also fantastic flavour with a decent amount of vapour (vapor?)...any suggestions?! Tanks and mods!

I was looking at a Sigelei but I've gotta admit, I struggle a little with the different wattage etc so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for any help you guys might have. :thumbs:

thejd

Nov 23, 2015
London, United Kingdom
Tank-wise, a lot of us consider the GS Airs a step up from the Nautilus minis. They have a looser draw with more vapor, great flavor, and they don't leak. The coils last a long time also-weeks, and can be rebuilt if you are so inclined.
Hey, thanks for the response! I wasn't sure if bumping was considered rude or not but I'm glad to have gotten a response. :closedeyes:
I've had a quick look and can see there are a few Air tanks to choose from so I'll need to read up on them. Also, they're made specifically for the iStick, do you think mine being a clone would make a difference?

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
N
Hey, thanks for the response! I wasn't sure if bumping was considered rude or not but I'm glad to have gotten a response. :closedeyes:
I've had a quick look and can see there are a few Air tanks to choose from so I'll need to read up on them. Also, they're made specifically for the iStick, do you think mine being a clone would make a difference?
No, I don't think it will matter as long as the connection is a 510. If your nautilus works on it, so should the GS Airs!

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Hi guys,

I've been vaping for about 3 months now, I started off with an Aspire Nautilus Mini, moved on to a Kanger SUBTANK-Mini but then decided to go back to my Nautilus due to problems with flavour/leaking etc. I'm currently using a U20 box mod, it's basically an iStick clone but more powerful as they can go to 7.6v/23w whereas the smaller iStick can't.

I'm using a 1.8 Ohm coil with my Nautilus and vape at around 13.3w...but I want something new! I want something that will still give me the hit I used to get from cigarettes but also fantastic flavour with a decent amount of vapour (vapor?)...any suggestions?! Tanks and mods!

I was looking at a Sigelei but I've gotta admit, I struggle a little with the different wattage etc so any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for any help you guys might have. :thumbs:

Don't be afraid of a Sigelei. I'm not sure why you are struggling with wattage, but the nice thing about these devices is that you can vape at the wattage you prefer. There is no "correct" wattage - it is merely the wattage that satisfies you.

It would seem to me that vaping a 1.8 ohm coil at 13.3 watts would not provide the kind of vape that would satisfy my cravings. If you used a sub-ohm coil (.5) in your subtank at the same wattage you would get a lot more vapor and a lot more nicotine. It may not be like you "used to get from cigarettes", but it will be much more efficient in delivering the nicotine and therefore more satisfying - at least in my experience.

I really like my Subtank Minis with .5 ohm coils (or the RBA with a .5 ohm coil) at 13-15 watts. They seem to be very efficient and give me a decent amount of vapor while not draining my batteries too quickly. I know that the Subtank Mini is not the greatest for flavor, but they are better when using the RBA vs the stock coils. Another tank I have been liking a lot lately is the Tobeco Super Tank Mini. These are a bit shorter than the Subtanks and provide a very nice vape, but seem require a bit higher wattage, even with the .5 ohm coils, to get the vape I like. I prefer to use those on my mods with multiple batteries, like my Hexohm and Reuleaux RX200, and vape at 30 watts or so.

As far as leaking, I have found that the Kanger Subtanks tend to weep some juice from the O-rings which is not super messy, but is annoying. I have been using the Tobeco tanks for at least a couple of weeks now and have not had any leaking whatsoever.

Reactions: jdrewry

thejd

Nov 23, 2015
London, United Kingdom
Don't be afraid of a Sigelei. I'm not sure why you are struggling with wattage, but the nice thing about these devices is that you can vape at the wattage you prefer. There is no "correct" wattage - it is merely the wattage that satisfies you.

It would seem to me that vaping a 1.8 ohm coil at 13.3 watts would not provide the kind of vape that would satisfy my cravings. If you used a sub-ohm coil (.5) in your subtank at the same wattage you would get a lot more vapor and a lot more nicotine. It may not be like you "used to get from cigarettes", but it will be much more efficient in delivering the nicotine and therefore more satisfying - at least in my experience.

I really like my Subtank Minis with .5 ohm coils (or the RBA with a .5 ohm coil) at 13-15 watts. They seem to be very efficient and give me a decent amount of vapor while not draining my batteries too quickly. I know that the Subtank Mini is not the greatest for flavor, but they are better when using the RBA vs the stock coils. Another tank I have been liking a lot lately is the Tobeco Super Tank Mini. These are a bit shorter than the Subtanks and provide a very nice vape, but seem require a bit higher wattage, even with the .5 ohm coils, to get the vape I like. I prefer to use those on my mods with multiple batteries, like my Hexohm and Reuleaux RX200, and vape at 30 watts or so.

As far as leaking, I have found that the Kanger Subtanks tend to weep some juice from the O-rings which is not super messy, but is annoying. I have been using the Tobeco tanks for at least a couple of weeks now and have not had any leaking whatsoever.
Hey, thanks for your response. :thumb:

The main reason for my reluctance in getting a Sigelei is the whole temperature control, I didn't even know that was a thing and would be worried that I'd do something wrong - after only a couple of months, I'm still a total rookie so forgive me!

The thing about the Sigelei is the appearence, I think it looks great! I've actually just ordered a Nautilus with a sleeve (because it looks rad) and a new Mini with a sleeve, I'm definitely not getting the exact kind of vape I want but I don't want to increase the wattage and burn my coil out...what's the highest those can usually be vaped at, do you know? I might clean my SUBTANK Mini out tomorrow and make sure everything's as it should be to try and reduce the leaking at least, you're right - it's way annoying! But you can only use low levels of nicotine with the SUBTANK, right? I usually have 12mg of nicotine so might need to invest in liquids with lower levels.

Sorry for all the questions! :blush:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I'm not sure which Sigelei you are referring to, but all of the temperature control mods can be used with regular coils in variable wattage mode. You don't have to use temp control but if you want to try it's as easy as getting nickel coils for your Subtank Mini and switching the mod to the temperature control mode. Most mods usually default to the standard variable wattage mode with the standard coils

I am a dual-user. I still smoke a couple of cigs per day, but not the pack-a-day habit I had for 45 years. Having said that, I use 6mg nicotine. Some vapers go as low as 1.5 or more commonly 3 mg when they sub-ohm. If you aren't used to sub-ohm coils and your nicotine is too high you can get nic sick (headaches, dizziness, nausea). I don't know what your tolerance is, but if I sub-ohm vape 12 mg and chain vape - I get some dizziness and may get a headache.

Rather than toss your liquids you could just mix equal parts of 12mg with zero to get 6mg. Pretty simple really.

Lastly - don't worry about burning out your coils. A Kanger sub-ohm coil can easily take 30-50 watts as long as it is wet. If you run it dry the cotton will instantly burn-up, but as long as it is wet, no problem. I don't run mine anywhere near that, and they last me quite a while. If you aren't sure, just start out at a lower wattage and slowly increase the wattage until you get the vape you desire - you can't really hurt anything if you do it in small increments and you will not risk burning your coil.

jensy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada
I am a 1.8ohm nautilus person because of the flavor you get but I also use the Atlantis V1 with a triton 1.8ohm coil. With the atlantis and triton 1.8 coil you get a more intense hit with great flavor.

Edit to say the reason it is a more intense hit I think is because it is a much larger coil.

Reactions: thetrucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread