• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

China -> Canada customs -> H.C. -> my door

Status
Not open for further replies.

RjG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Edmonton AB Canada
Just FYI - a package came from China with 100 cartomizers, clearly labeled as such + one passthru battery, also clearly labelled

The invoice was inside, completely descriptive of what they are
AND business cards, "promo cards", all vaping, e-smoking promotional crap

There was no doubt whatsoever, what the package contents were, to anyone looking inside.

It was cut open by Canada Customs.... they inspected it.

They forwarded it to Health Canada - who cut OPEN the Canada Customs sealing tape, then THEY inspected it.

Then it was sealed it up with Health Canada tape on top of the Customs tape... and sent on it's way to my house.

No letters, no warnings, no nothing.

Now I HAVE had juice seized, and returned to China ( right around a year ago, actually )

As far as I can see, "hardware" , still has no problem going through, as long as your vendor isn't dumb enough to label it a "quit smoking" device (which I haven't seen in a real long time) and there's NO NIC in the package.

I'm only posting this because it's the most extreme case of inspections, for me, so far. And it still wasn't an issue.

20111108-00046.jpg

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Just FYI - a package came from China with 100 cartomizers, clearly labeled as such + one passthru battery, also clearly labelled

The invoice was inside, completely descriptive of what they are
AND business cards, "promo cards", all vaping, e-smoking promotional crap

There was no doubt whatsoever, what the package contents were, to anyone looking inside.

It was cut open by Canada Customs.... they inspected it.

They forwarded it to Health Canada - who cut OPEN the Canada Customs sealing tape, then THEY inspected it.

Then it was sealed it up with Health Canada tape on top of the Customs tape... and sent on it's way to my house.

No letters, no warnings, no nothing.

Now I HAVE had juice seized, and returned to China ( right around a year ago, actually )

As far as I can see, "hardware" , still has no problem going through, as long as your vendor isn't dumb enough to label it a "quit smoking" device (which I haven't seen in a real long time) and there's NO NIC in the package.

I'm only posting this because it's the most extreme case of inspections, for me, so far. And it still wasn't an issue.

View attachment 62187

Good one and glad for you.

The unfortunate side of things like in any organization is interpretation of regulation. So to say that there is no restriction on imports of hardware, would be misleading. HC has stepped up their inspections through customs, there is no doubt about that. My RTS was resent minus liquid and made it to me in 5 days which is out of the norm, normally a week to 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread