Status
Not open for further replies.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I don't even know what ohm I built it for. I'm new to vaping with coils and all that. My atty came with some coil wire and I built my coils with that

Without having any understanding of what you were engaged in is the quickest way to a smile without teeth.

twizted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Kentucky
I don't even know what ohm I built it for. I'm new to vaping with coils and all that. My atty came with some coil wire and I built my coils with that
Go to Walmart, RadioShack, or some other electronic store & drop $10 bucks or so for a multimeter. Take your coil out of your RDA. Watch several youtube videos on coil building. Study coil building threads here on ECF. Then, once you have a better understanding of coil building & Ohm's Law, aim only for coils around 1.5 ohm or higher until you hone your skills at coil building.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

M3CH M0D M4DN355

Aug 21, 2014
UK

I am glad you were not using a mechanical device :facepalm:

You really should do a little research on the forum, it wont even take much time to get the info required to vape safely.

FallenRawToast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
LA, CA, USA, NA, SOL
Having gone through the same thing the same device, it is the device not the deck. Brought mine back. Others have or are going through the same thing with the Sigelei 50W device.

that may be true... there may be some mass defect in the Sigelei 50W mod......BUT!!! The OP being unable to answer even the most basic questions about his atty or its build, is a far greater problem, for his own safety.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Alright thanks

I think what you will find is that when you have a Digital Multi-Meter that Not Only will you be Safer but that you can get More Out of Vaping.

Being able to Measure the Ohms of a Coil/RBA is a Must before you use it. But being able to also Measure the Voltage of a Battery when it comes off a Charger or when it Needs to be Charged will help you also.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You do need a voltmeter for checking various things around the house and your ecig hobby, but everyone needs a 510 threaded ohmmeter, especially if you wind coils. This one does resistance and voltage. One socket is 510 male and the other female. To check your mod voltage, you just screw it on the mod like an atomizer and press the fire button to check accuracy. The female thread is for checking your coil resistance. Just screw on your atomizer and read the resistance. You can use it as a hands free base to hold your coil deck when you wind a coil.

4 out of 5 reviewers found it accurate. One didn't and the supplier swapped it out. Now, he's happy, too.

$9.95 from Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/iSmoka-eLeaf-...&qid=1411234548&sr=8-2&keywords=510+ohm+meter

A good cheap voltmeter that's widely used around ECF. It's $5.44 with free shipping. Harbor Freight also sells this and sometimes it's on sale for $3.99. I have about 5 of them around the house in convenient places for quick checks. They all still work after years of use.
http://www.amazon.com/DT830B-Digita...UTF8&qid=1411234808&sr=8-5&keywords=voltmeter

BTW, your Segelei 50W box mod has built-in protection against shorted atomizers, so you aren't in danger of a shorted atomizer. That's assuming it's this one.

http://www.eciggity.com/sigelei-50-watt-box-mod/

Features:

★ Low Voltage Protection
★ Low Resistance Protection
★ Input High Voltage Warning
★ Output Short Circuit Protection
★ Reverse Battery Protection
★ Temperature Protection
★ USB Interface Directly Charging
★ Removable Battery Replacement

Technical Specs:

Power Adjustable Range: 7.0w - 50.0w