Cheap Starter Kit for beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

derity

Jan 5, 2013
United Kingdom
Hey guys, so like many of you here - I've decided to kick the habit of smoking, been going cold turkey since 01/01/2013. Yesterday I was really craving and my friend told me to try an e-cig. So I went to the local store and bought a disposable and I know they're meant to suck - but it really helped get me through the rest of the day.

So I've decided to spend a little more and get a better one, but after looking over a few websites and this forum, there is just so much different brands that I have no idea what to buy. Hell I don't even know what most of the things are lol.

I want to spend around £20 on one as I don't want to go all in just yet, could anyone recommend a good one for a first timer? I was looking at this: Super Cartridge Kit but then saw a thread on this forum where someone said that there are much better and cheaper(?) ones avaliable but they didn't mention any names.

Would be really grateful if someone could just pick one for me and I'll just go with it because I've literally been on the hunt for the past few hours and feel like I'm just going around in circles. lol...

So thanks for any help and Happy (late) New Year to you all :D

Anniex423

Jun 30, 2011
Ohio
There are many many many options out there...lol. My personal experiences began with Smoking Everywhere back when it was new. I wouldn't recommend it now it's way too over-priced. I found TotallyWicked and use their liquids now still but regarding e-cigs, I've had a couple of the models they supply and have never been unsatisfied.

My parents and I have moved to bigger and more powerful models, BUT since you're just starting I would recommend the Titan Tank from TotallyWicked. I like the system a lot (this was what I started my parents on before they discovered their own way and moved off into other models). They seemed to enjoy it.

The starter kit is 23.99 I believe.

Good vapor, good throat hit, sleek appearance, nice weight, pocketable, etc. The battery life is pretty darn good for the size that it is too. I think as a beginner you'd like it. From there you can explore after getting used to using e-liquid and whatnot.

Of course vapor and throat hit can vary based on the brand you use, the type it is like VG or PG, etc. but as a general standpoint, the Titan Tank does a good job. If it were me, I'd spend a little more to get the bigger kit which comes with 2 batteries so that you don't have to not have it available when one battery is charging. If you'd rather not spend that much and just get the kit with the 1 battery, that's fine too. Expect your atomizer to last about a month (more or less, it depends on the amount of usage). If you're good with this stuff you can actual disassemble your atty and clean it as I do to make my atties last longer (mine lasts about 2-3 months over the standard 2-4 weeks most people experience) bc I clean them. But I won't get ahead on ya lol...the Titan Tank is a good starting point I really believe.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, so like many of you here - I've decided to kick the habit of smoking, been going cold turkey since 01/01/2013. Yesterday I was really craving and my friend told me to try an e-cig. So I went to the local store and bought a disposable and I know they're meant to suck - but it really helped get me through the rest of the day.

So I've decided to spend a little more and get a better one, but after looking over a few websites and this forum, there is just so much different brands that I have no idea what to buy. Hell I don't even know what most of the things are lol.

I want to spend around £20 on one as I don't want to go all in just yet, could anyone recommend a good one for a first timer? I was looking at this: Super Cartridge Kit but then saw a thread on this forum where someone said that there are much better and cheaper(?) ones avaliable but they didn't mention any names.

Would be really grateful if someone could just pick one for me and I'll just go with it because I've literally been on the hunt for the past few hours and feel like I'm just going around in circles. lol...

So thanks for any help and Happy (late) New Year to you all :D
Dunno what they have in the U.K., and whether you want to start with beginner if that means changing later. A lot of us recommend Smokeless Image, but I also see Vapor4Life and Volcano mentioned a lot.

BUT...don't get a kit if you want to save money, that goes double if you think you'll upgrade in a few months. Kits normally contain items you do not need.

Price out the following:

2 batteries
1-2 sample packs of cartomizers
1-2 chargers and adapters (depending on how prone you are to losing things. Kits come with 1 ea.)

I recommend Smokeless Image, and if you were in the U.S. I'd say do NOT get the .5-amp charging adapter, get the 1.5.

However, you should not bother importing a USB charging adapter, get one locally.

Then, 3-6 months from now, get 2 variable-voltage ego-style batteries w/chargers and 2 ViVi Novas and some juice, and put all those 808's into the closet for backup or give them to your dearest smoking relative.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My recommendation would be to disregard the pre-filled cartridges. They are extremely over-priced and have very limited flavors. Most of the companies that sell them use cartridges that only fit on their own batteries, so that restricts your future options in case you desire to explore vaping in other directions.

Much more wise to get batteries and juice carrying devices that are more standard within the vaping community. My guess is that you would prefer the cigarette-sized batteries, but these are less satisfying than the slightly larger ones. The cig-size batteries only last 3-4 hours at best. The ones that are more cigar-sized will last 6-12 hours or more.

View attachment 166283

The above image shows a size comparison of two cig-sized batteries and three cigar-sized batteries along with a cigarette.

I recommend that you get a either a couple of Joye eGo Twist or Spinner batteries, a dedicated charger for them, a usb/wall outlet adaptor, and either a couple of Kanger T3 clearomizers or Vision mini Vivi Nova tanks. You need two batteries, one to use while the other one charges. You also need a backup in case the first one goes bad, which happens.

View attachment 166293 Joye eGo Twist batteries

or

View attachment 166294 eGo Spinner batteries

View attachment 166297 Kanger T3 clearomizer

or

View attachment 166298 Vision Vivi Nova tank

The above setup is one of the easiest to use. Easy to learn how to fill the juice carrying devices. The is a European sub-forum here on ECF to see what vendors are available in the UK for vape gear and e-juices.

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Go for a ego kit with battery's and chaarger. Make sure you have two batteries.
    With two batteries and cart's/juice, it's have two vaping devices.
    Go for a passthrough battery this way you can vape as the battery is charging.
    Get some carto's and juice enough that you do not run out till your nex order comes in.
    This way if you upgrade to varible voltage/wattage device, you will have a spare vapor device.

One's you start you don't want be :facepalm: without your vaping device and juice.

Happy vaping. I love it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread