Jul 19, 2014
So, yeah, this thing is pretty great.

Culh5Qm.jpg

N0b3DGA.jpg

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
****SQUONKER REVIEW****

Got mine this morning, threw in dual coils of twisted 28g Kanthal @ .46 ohm. This is what I usually run in my Nuppin's except I took advantage of the extra room and did 3.5mm coils and wicked with the huge ready x wick that won't fit in any of my other atty's.

So far it's more or less an airy Challice, just what I expected, probably a slight bit tastier than what I can do with a Nuppin.

I'll report back after I play with all the air holes for a while.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
****SQUONKER REVIEW****

Got mine this morning, threw in dual coils of twisted 28g Kanthal @ .46 ohm. This is what I usually run in my Nuppin's except I took advantage of the extra room and did 3.5mm coils and wicked with the huge ready x wick that won't fit in any of my other atty's.

So far it's more or less an airy Challice, just what I expected, probably a slight bit tastier than what I can do with a Nuppin.

I'll report back after I play with all the air holes for a while.

You're amazing, you got the whole complex atty down cold in a single morning!

Trust me, you have so much to learn compared to a Chalice

Chalice:
Air Control
Single tiny upper air channel with three air holes

Channel control - three air holes closed to open, no single air hole control

Coil Management

Two Posts enabling a single small diameter Coil with very tight placement​

Charm:
Air Control
2 separate large upper air channels - Channel control - each channel singularly or both channels together

2 separate lower air channels with direct feed to coil(s) - Channel control - each channel singularly or both channels together

Coil Management
Four wire receptors handling any wire type for 1 to 4 coils with flexible placement​

Took me days to figure out optimal coils, placement and air control

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Trust me, you have so much to learn compared to a Chalice

Chalice:
Air Control
Single tiny upper air channel with three air holes

Channel control - three air holes closed to open, no single air hole control

Coil Management

Two Posts enabling a single small diameter Coil with very tight placement​

Charm:
Air Control
2 separate large upper air channels - Channel control - each channel singularly or both channels together

2 separate lower air channels with direct feed to coil(s) - Channel control - each channel singularly or both channels together

Coil Management
Four wire receptors handling any wire type for 1 to 4 coils with flexible placement​

No, I did a quick build during my lunch break and the result was pretty much what I was expecting. I have a couple of Challice III's and a couple of GEM's, and a WAE so I knew the machining would be immaculate and had a pretty good idea about what things should taste like. The only real difference is that it worked first try, that wouldn't have happened with the Challice III or the GEM. Both of those take a lot time and patience to get the build just right and I've usually got better things to do.

So far I prefer the bottom air, but there's the chance to over-squonk. Top air is pretty close taste wise so I'll have to see if the over-squonking becomes an issue.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

Trust me, you have so much to learn compared to a Chalice.

S N I P

Really?!?

Not what I read Here:

Just got mine, how come no tool for screws and 510 pin?

What can I say, this is the best atty I own, and I have em all

amazing flavor, great air, adjustable to whatever mood you're in

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC

Astro, I think you need to read all my posts,

You'll see that I tested multiple wire configurations (one coil, 2 coils, SS316 NiFe, SS Clapton), multiple air settings (top only Chalice style, bottom air only, mixed top & bottom air) taking hours to work with it,

So yeah,vreally

Reactions: AstroTurf

TX Foilhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Astro, I think you need to read all my posts,

You'll see that I tested multiple wire configurations (one coil, 2 coils, SS316 NiFe, SS Clapton), multiple air settings (top only Chalice style, bottom air only, mixed top & bottom air) taking hours to work with it,

So yeah,vreally

Glad you have the time for all that, I may try a different build after New Years. :D

I used to do that with new things, but I'm fine now with the least amount of work possible so setting the air flow to where I wanted it was all I really needed or wanted to do. Somebody else can find that extra 10% so I can build it that way next year.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Holey Guacamole!

Got the Charm built about 20 minutes ago. First, the workmanship is sterling. It's really a joy to take apart and screw back together. Extremely easy to build. 26 ga, 316L SS, 3mm ID coming out to .4-ish.

Top airflow closed. Bottom holes 3/4 open. Flavor is thick, moist, and generous. Wonderful!

20160930_160622-001.jpg

20160930_160727-001.jpg

I may try pulling the coils a little more over the holes next time to see what happens but, I'm really happy with this.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Holey Guacamole!

Got the Charm built about 20 minutes ago. First, the workmanship is sterling. It's really a joy to take apart and screw back together. Extremely easy to build. 26 ga, 316L SS, 3mm ID coming out to .4-ish.

Top airflow closed. Bottom holes 3/4 open. Flavor is thick, moist, and generous. Wonderful!

View attachment 603557
View attachment 603559

I may try pulling the coils a little more over the holes next time to see what happens but, I'm really happy with this.
Nice Build...

And a Pretty Sharp Mod too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread