charging a pass through via 510 thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
My OH has 2 650mah evod batts that came with a 510/USB wire (plus separate wall plug).

And

2 1000mah evod pass through batts that came with the USB/mini USB wire.

he has been charging both sets of batteries with the 510/USB + wall plug charger.

Are the pass through batteries OK to charge from the 510 connection?

I have the itaste V3 and I'm sure I read somewhere that charging from the 510 was a big NO NO? Only charge from the bottom mini USB?

Thanks for any advice :)

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
This is what I found below an EVOD Passthrough.

Important: The EVOD Passthrough Batteries must be charged using the included charging cord or an eGo/EVOD Charger ONLY! Use of a 510 Home or USB Charger will destroy the battery & charger and will also void the warranty. The eGo/EVOD Charger CANNOT be used to charge 510 or 510 mega batteries as this will also destroy the battery & charger and void the warranty.

Maybe some others can clarify why this is or if it is just a way for you to buy there product... I'm thinking it has to do with the circuitry

Last edited:

zeroclue

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Barnsley, UK
I'm on my phone so I can't highlight your quote,

"or ego/evod charger ONLY"

It is a EVOD charger (came with the 650mah evod non pass through batts). So he thinks that's good enough!

Did you get the "use of a 510 charger will destroy the battery & charger" quote from a web site? (Trusted, apparently I need good prof here).

He thinks I'm being OTT telling him not to charge from the 510 (he's had it a while, I've only just found out he's been doing it and says 'It's been OK so far') doh, not worth the risk in my book!

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
Ahh sorry I didn't catch that it was the charger that came with an ego/evod, I just thought it was some random 510 charger. It should be fine to charge threw the head. The important warning I quoted is on a lot of sites. I'm a summing this is because some ppl just use any charger that is cheap and fits. There was a recent thread where a user had 2 different kits and just used a charger that came with one for chArging the other. Battery exploded in his bedroom! Look and make sure the specs on each charger are the same and they should work absolutely fine. Sorry for the misunderstanding, as long as he's not using some random charger for them it's seems fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread