Not open for further replies.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
For those that have never tried twisted 32 gauge A1 you owe it to yourself to go for it.

Its only twice the wire but its 5X better for flavor and vapor. I don't know why I waited so long.

I started with 32g Kanthal then switched to 30g and sometimes 28g (but its way stiff).
Twisted 32 atcts a lot like the 28 for plumes of vapor but seems like much better flavor and its not as stiff to work with.

I've heard of twisting it in a drill but my chuck doesn't close tight enough to catch the two wires. So I just took a foot of wire folded it in half, held the loose ends and twisted the U end with a pencil. Only took a couple minutes to do by hand and I have enough for 2 or 3 coils at least.

Just remember when you twist wire it drops the resistance per inch so throw on at least one extra coil maybe more if you don't have a VV device. I gave myself a nic headache last night because I couldn't stop hittin it :D

Have a good one,

Jeez, are you trying to make me spend all my money? If I do this, it'll cost me 2.6 cents per coil instead of 1.3 cents. Criminy! ;-)

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
For those that have never tried twisted 32 gauge A1 you owe it to yourself to go for it.

Its only twice the wire but its 5X better for flavor and vapor. I don't know why I waited so long.

I started with 32g Kanthal then switched to 30g and sometimes 28g (but its way stiff).
Twisted 32 atcts a lot like the 28 for plumes of vapor but seems like much better flavor and its not as stiff to work with.

I've heard of twisting it in a drill but my chuck doesn't close tight enough to catch the two wires. So I just took a foot of wire folded it in half, held the loose ends and twisted the U end with a pencil. Only took a couple minutes to do by hand and I have enough for 2 or 3 coils at least.

Just remember when you twist wire it drops the resistance per inch so throw on at least one extra coil maybe more if you don't have a VV device. I gave myself a nic headache last night because I couldn't stop hittin it :D

Have a good one,

I was twisting when all I had was 36ga, and yeah, it's great. My method of twisting goes pretty fast, I loop the wire over a screw and then take the two loose ends and pinch them together in a pair of hemostats. Hold the screw and let the hemos dangle to get it all nice and centered, then twirl the hemostats up by the nose between your thumb and forefinger. You get a lot of twists fast with very little effort. I use this method to get my twists as tight as a roundwound guitar string.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas

Have a good one,

Check out this video on twisting wire, Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread