Chain vaping & battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaz

Feb 5, 2011
Richmond, Va
Hi All! I'll start by saying Thank You for this forum! I've learned so much by reading/lurking here.

Obviously, I'm new to vaping. I quit smoking a month ago. Sort of a New Year's resolution, but really more of a "if not now, when?" type of thing. I was a pack & half a day smoker, and smoked for more than 30 years. My plan was to quit gradually. Then I discovered the e-cig. There's a local shop where I picked up a 510 kit & charger case (PCC?). Sorry, still learning the lingo... Anyway, great guys; very helpful; lots of instructions, etc.

Turns out I chain vape & the batteries don't last very long. I'm on a computer all day at work, so the USB charger is very handy and I swap out regularly. But really, it lasts an hour?

Another frustration is refilling. I've already done the pyramid tea bag thing w/my cartridges. That was a huge success!!! The inserts that come standard are horrible. Tea bags work great! It's been a week & I haven't needed to do anything but refill, refill, refill.

So far I've been doing 100% VG juice. That's some seriously sticky stuff if your pv drips at all. I've ordered some juice from a couple of places recommended here. I'm looking forward to trying flavors! (& finding that "all day" blend for me). I did try making my own 0mg last weekend. It turned out well, but I don't think I'm there yet.

I've taken apart my old cartridges, cleaned them thoroughly (including that drip thing on the end). I'm a pro at using canned air to clean my atomizers. The one that was not hitting well is drying out now after a hot bath.

So anyway, I'm looking for alternatives. Better battery life, longer lasting cartridges & anything else a newbie needs to know. I've been doing some research & am looking at getting an eGo w/the t-Tank. I've read reviews & recommendations, and it looks solid.

Is there another choice or something I missed?

TY!

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
Dont have a "T" yet myself, but at the moment it appears to be "best in class" without going to an all out "mod". Size is really not significantly larger than a basic 510 except diameter (more like a sharpie pen than an analog cigarette), not burdensome or overly large at all IMO. If you don't mind something larger, box mods/juice feeder setups like the Reo will give the absolute longest life between charges and least possible amount of filling. That said, I started with a 510 and moved up to the EGO (tank not available at the time) and love it. One batt generally lasts all day without recharging and more vapor than the standard 510.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
There are longer 510 batteries that last about 50% longer (280mah vs 180mah). Cartomizers hold more juice, more time between fillings.

But if you vape constantly you maybe should look at the new Ego Tank model (Ego-T) - 5-8 hour battery life, maybe more with xl batteries, a tank that holds juice, ability to use low resistance harder hitting parts if you want.

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
ooh... so is a passthrough what it sounds like? I can vape while plugged in?

Exactly. There are basically two types, either using a battery with a USB cable plugging into it that can be removed and go portal, or one that doesn't have an actual battery on it and can only be used when plugged in. I have two of the latter (one for home, one for work) and a separate battery for when I'm away from my PCs.

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
dormouse, thanks! I've read a little about low resistance, but not sure I understand the concept yet. Will go explore that one further too.

LR is not necessarily "better" just DIFFERENT. It uses more juice (because it makes more vapor) and has a "warmer" feel to the throat and lungs. Some people like it, some dont. Having done both, I would start with standard atties/cartos but order a couple of the LowResistance ones to have another option to try and see what best suits you.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
A PT (pass-through) will allow you to do exactly that! Plug it into a USB port or a USB wall adapter and vape your head off! You can even use them in the car! No worries about drained batteries or being unable to vape because all of your batteries are charging. They're wonderful! Both of my mods have PT options and I LOVE IT!

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Wow, that'd be IDEAL for at work!

Now you're talking! The eGo PT would be a fantastic choice for you! My first PT was a 510. The eGo PT didn't come out until after I'd been vaping for a while and was already looking at mods. Get one and you'll be set!

Not sure if you've seen this or not, but figured I'd post since you're interested in LR attys:

What Are These LR and HV attys?

DonG

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Jville, AL
Don't be overly OCD about research before your first purchase. Just by being here on ECF you have avoided most of the common pitfalls that lead people here. And rest assured that no matter what you get you WILL want something newer/better/different in the future.....even if you are happy with your first purchase. So the first big step is getting that first order in so you can get started with your new life.!

Personally I like the "510" platform. It seems to be the most universal. I would start in the middle of the options. Ego/Riva. If it is too big you can order the smaller more cig-like batteries. If it is not enough, you can order any mod with "510 thread" and use any remaining atties/cartos/supplies for spare parts, as they will all interchange.

Smislow

Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Croatia
Also, there are some mods (custom made) e-cigs that use big batteries up to 2600 mAh, and also with big tanks of liquid, like 3-5 ml. That big tanks have also proprietary atomizers that you have to adjust, assemble and maintain, but they are rolls-royces of PV.
Look for ECF member named raidy or another, peaceoffcake (my paesano) for info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread