ce4 clearomizer cracking after 1 day of use?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
Hey all, if some of you have been reading my recent posts, I got in my ce4 clearomizer kit yesterday, and have been loving it so far..

BUT..
Just went to toke on it and it made a pop-noise, and I look down at my hand and the clearomizer tank is all cracked up, and I got juice smudged on my hand! WTH? I've read that many of these kits are cheap knock-off's..

So I'm looking for suggestions on what site I can go order QUALITY replacement clearomizer tanks. I'm hesitant to order from the same place and get the same thing.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What flavor of juice are you using. All clearomizers are made of polycarbonate plastic, which some flavors can crack, melt, or etch the plastic. So if you are using these flavors, buying more clearomizers will only end up cracking like your current one.

I've written a blog article on this very subject. It includes a video of a tank cracking from a volatile flavored juice, a list of flavors that are known to crack tanks and clearomizers, and has suggestions on safe juice delivery devices to use with these flavors.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3733-6-something-safe-cinnamon-citrus-flavors.html

aPandaz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
Walnut, CA
I'm assuming you're using an ego style battery. It will look something like this with your ego:
kangerproego.jpg

KraKsX

Moved On
Dec 17, 2012
Lower NY
kraksx.com
yeah the clove was at the top of the danger list :( I hate learning things the hard way!

So I assume that the Kanger protank fits the ce4? (I'm still a noob with this stuff). Yeah, I want to vape any flavor I want without having to worry about which ones my tank likes :/

the CE4 is the clearomizer, the ProTank would replace that part for you, you use the ProTank instead of the CE4

Pro Tanks are designed for ego style batteries (comes with beauty ring for them)

There are many other options you could pick too, all depends what style you are looking for, and how much you want to spend on things, and how easy you want to be able to change flavor in the same device

Last edited:

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
the CE4 is the clearomizer, the ProTank would replace that part for you, you use the ProTank instead of the CE4

Pro Tanks are designed for ego style batteries (comes with beauty ring for them)

There are many other options you could pick too, all depends what style you are looking for, and how much you want to send on things, and how easy you want to be able to change flavor in the same device

I agree here. The Kanger ProTank is a nice glass bottom coil clearomizer. I got 2 in the other day and they work great. Yes they come with a ego beauty ring but will work on any 510 device. I use mine on a Vamo and ProVari and they look awesome.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I'm using metal tank Vivi Novas for my Citrus and other "clearo-wrecker" flavors. They work great for me.

I had a CE2 fall apart on me the other day. I didn't remember that Cola flavor was on the tank-cracker list, but it is. Ordered another metal Vivi Nova so I could keep using the Cherry Cola. Myvaporstore stocks the metal tank Vivis, and they are real Vision brand, not clones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread