CE4 Clearomisers, Kanger tanks and Ego Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

hojoswagfat

Apr 12, 2015
Hi guys, I recently purchased a zen starter kit. (basically a ce4 blister kit). It has a zen battery 650 MAH, and came with a CE4. Now I didn't hear too many good things about the CE4 Clearomiser so I was wondering now that I have one how long would it last? I was hoping I could switch it out for an KANGER EVOD CLEAROMIZER tank which I heard from YouTube reviews is much better. However will that last me about the same time as a CE4? And is my battery compatible with a Evod tank? To be specific I am confused on the style of threads on batteries such as a 510 connection or an ego. To be honest I do not know which one I have.
Any help would be great!
Thanks!
By the way if you search "Zen E-Cig Vapor Pen" on google you should be able to find some specs from some of the websites such as value vaporizer.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I found it! Yes... that's a value e-cig... :)

You can use a Kanger Evod clearomiser.

Does your battery have two threads on it? One big and one small? If so, you're good to go.

The Evod was quite good, but things have moved on a lot since then. Don't pay too much. Genuine Kanger is under $6. ($5.99)

One US company charges $14.99. Beware....

Jomoke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Connecticut
I don't use CE4's but my sister does. One will last her almost a full month. I think the Zen is ego threaded which means you'd be able to use the EVOD on it. The CE4's are throw-away - once you use them and they lose flavor - toss them. The EVOD has replaceable coils. You use the same tank, but just change out the coil. I use EVOD's all the time and one coil will last me about a week - sometimes a bit longer.

Hope this helps.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks! Another question I'm hoping you maybe able to answer...Lets say I don't replace a coil or my CE4 tank will my flavour or vapor production be impacted a lot?

Yes. Could be quite soon too. My first CE4 lasted less than 48 hours vaping dark tobacco and vanilla liquid.

You'll know though, so don't panic. It will be obvious. :)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
A CE4 can last 4 days to 2 weeks, depending on the type of liquid and how much you vape. You can flush them out with hot water or PGA and clean them some...but they will not be "as good as new". You can also dry burn them to some degree.

An Evod will be much better since you can replace the head, and can clean and dry burn them much more easily. Also, you can buy different ohm coils. An Evod coil will last about the same length of time as the CE4. If you get the single coil original Evod, there are lots of youtube videos showing how to clean them.

Hi there, Not sure I can help any but I have used the Kanger Mini Protank 2 and Mini Protank 3, the main difference between the two is the Protank 3 is a bottom dual coil and a glass tank. Where the Protank 2 is single coil bottom coil and plastic tank. Some juices are known "tank crackers" meaning the juice will melt a plastic tank. They both can be taken apart to be cleaned or to replace parts. I use the EGO and EVOD batteries and VV batteries on these tanks. I find them to be very economical to maintain IMHO. I have learned how to clean the coils or replacement heads and can get several uses out them before they have to be tossed. If you order a new tank then a coil or head should come with it but no more than one. You really should take a look at the vendors on this forum, they have been used by many people here and are good places to get your supplies. Most if not all of them have the Kanger replacements, please be sure they are Kanger as the knock off will cost you more money in the long run than just getting the real things. I have had them last three weeks or more but it really depends on what juices you use and how much you vape. If you don't replace a coil then you won't have any reason to have a vaper device. The coils will burn out over time, or gunk up and you won't have any vapor at all, they have to be replaced no matter what kind of device you have.
Take care and keep on vaping! :)

Last edited:

codger59

Nov 21, 2014
NC USA
Ok I'm gonna go against the crowd and not recommend an EVOD clearo - as in another post, I couldn't get more than a few days from the EVODs before the coil would burn out (and leak like a sieve), and that was with 75pg/25vg 555. I do have a ProtankIII, but it draws too much air for me..and bottom-coils all seem to have too cool of a vape. Believe it or not, I like the "new" CE4s with the replaceable coil heads. Nice warm vape, and I'm getting 1-2months before having to replace the coil. I just ordered 3 more and 2 5-pks of coils.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
The Evod and Evod 2 tanks are plastic and can be affected by "Tank Cracker" eliquids. My daughter melted a less than a week old Evod tank by putting some Wild Cherry eliquid in it. She did not notice that the vendor we ordered the eliquid from listed it as a tank cracker. The tank melted and she had eliquid all over the place, all within 20 minutes or so of filling the tank.

The Evod takes a single coil. These are usually a bit cheaper to replace than dual coils. The Evod 2 is a dual coil tank.

If you are going to replace the CE4 tank, I would suggest a glass tank like the Protank 2 or Protank 2 Mini. These are both glass single coil tanks, and will stand up to just about any eliquid you put in them. They are reasonably priced, and the Kanger single coils are relatively inexpensive. The coils can also be cleaned to prolong their usage. I usually get around 2-3 extra uses per coil when I clean them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread