Status
Not open for further replies.

SIC08869

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2011
Orlando
Updates:

This is my first CE, I have always used smok tech dcc's or v4l cool carts. Right now I am still having trouble with the dry hits. It might be my juice which is pretty sweet and goldish in color. Additionally the carto started out at 2.7 and is now 2.3 after one refill. I am going to try some other juices. One thing I have to mention is to NOT over fill these. Filling them upside down, leave about 2mm from the holes at the bottom or it all comes out the tube on the tip side. Made a small mess second fill trying to get a full fill.

Its at 2.2 now. I am down to 3.9 on the provari and the dry hits are going away. May have been tooooo hot. Not sure Ill keep you all posted.
the first carto was:
Velvet Vapors White Choc Tobbacco 70/30 12mg

2 big primer puffs, no flooding this time and it's hitting good again. I think I am going to try another juice and see what happens.

Filled the second carto upside down, put it on the mod, ohmed it, took a hit and wrote my last post. While it was sitting there half the juice came out the bottom of the carto. Not sure what made that happen ideas? It was fine when i ohmed it and took the hit.
VaporGod Pomegranate 60/40 11mg
This carto ohmed out at 2.7 first hit also

3rd carto 2.5 ohms
VaporGod Blackberry 80/20 18mg provari at 4.2 no dry hits, vapor production is good throat hit is much better. Flavor is medium. No leaking at all atm.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I've got some of these on order, so encouraged by what I am reading. I've heard that the original CE3's where notorious for "gurgling" has anyone found that with these? The problem was I believe caused by the vapour cooling and condensing on the way up the tube.

I haven't had any gurgling at all. The only things I don't like is that the fill hole is too small and they don't hold enough juice. They vape very good though.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I have one of 3 so far that drains out the bottom. I would suggest using the tip that they come with, I think mine drainer was caused by me using a 18 gauge needle to fill. I must have somehow messed up the vacuum.

I've been filling mine with a 18 gauge needle the last couple of times and haven't had any leaking problems yet.:2cool:

mindshatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Chicago, IL
Quick update. I cleaned one last week and afterwards it started leaking. I think it is leaking through the press on bottom not out of the battery connection. I still love these. I hope someone figures out how to get these in a tank. I ordered a mom and pop sub tank over the weekend just so I can stop filling so often. For right now I will be using it with the ressurector cartomizer. Please let me know if anyone has seen one of these fitted in a tank.

Arthure

Verified Member
Mar 29, 2012
Surprise, AZ
Got one box at 2.8 to 3.0 ohm first one out of the box lots,of dry hit on 85/15 pg/vg. Second one hits fine but all seem a little tight on my vtube. Cant chain vape or it will run dry. Hit watch for a bubble hit again ( i know bubble watching suxs but it works). Plenty of vapor at 4.2v taste is muted as compare to a ce2 top coil. No leaks at all. Easy to fill with supplied tip

. If your a hit and set down type of vapor imrecommend you try these if younare a chain vapor maybe not. You can squeeze themtube a pump juice in the wick but the tube will show signs of wear almost immediately. Not as good as a fluxomiser or a vision stone in the flavor or vapor but not bad. Get something less than the 2.8 if you want to try it at 3.7 as the vapor is really cool at 2.8 ohms on a 3.7 device. Vapable but long slow draws is mandatory which adds to the possiblility of dry hits.:blink:

I'll report back if there is a significant difference on the rest or the first one loosens up. The second one is lossening up and hitting better each time so it may.

Also it will not work on a deep well device such as a icon unless you use an extension due to the fatter tube design to be far the same goes for fluxomisers.

Hope this helps

Arthur

Editted for numerous typos...sorry

Last edited:

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
My thoughts on these clearomizers. I just received these CE3 clearomizers from CE3 XL Clearomizers
I exclusively use stardust clearomizers and tank cartos because they are the best I have found. I decided to try these and from what I can see these are the same as the phoenix of steeljan notoriety. They came 5 in a pack for like 10 bucks and come with syringe and filling needle. I followed the directions to fill upside down and it started leaking as soon as I put it on my icon!! I took it off and threw it in the trash in disgust. I opened another and filled it the same way and no leak. It produces awesome vapor but flavor is very light. I filled the other 3 with different ejuices I vape regularly so i would have a solid comparison. One of them started leaking right away so I chunked it in the trash with the other. I have used the 3 good ones out of 5 switching between them for the last few hours and my conclusion is they produce massive vapor but minimal flavor. I had high hopes for these but they turned out to be pretty average at best. Maybe I am wrong and the gotvapes phoenix will be an upgraded version of the ones I got. Nothing but good things about the vendor vaporalley.com, fast shipping and good prices.

Not sure if you know this or not, but you have to make sure there are no air bubbles in the syringe when you fill these cartos or they WILL LEAK. An air bubble will cause the liquid to spew out the connector end. I doubt the ones you threw away where broken, but just keep in mind about the bubbles next time

wellersl

Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
Los Alamos, NM
Since I just ordered two more boxes, I figure I'm qualified to post an opinion about these. This is my direct comparison with CE3 Smokymizers - which I actually liked.

Out of the first two boxes, there was one that was open (electrically) and one that was LR. It should have been 3 Ohms but measured 2.6 Ohms. I haven't used it yet, but I have it in reserve (If you don't measure alll your new atomizers - you should). And I've only had one leaker. I did notice a few cosmetic issues, but nothing like the big, black hair I found in a CE3 Smoky. Stuck in my mind, I'll never forgive or forget that. Based on my experience with CE3 Smokies (and other PV systems), I'd rate these slightly better than average for quality control.

Performance-wise, I give these a significant edge over CE3 Smokies. My only *real* problem is me. When fresh, I have to watch carefully how much juice is in them or I will vape it dry. Done that with several. Then they're burnt. When I took the first one apart, the carbon on the coil was so thick I had to unwind the Ni-chrome wire to to get the wick out. Curious, I held a small butane torch to the wick and it neither burned nor melted. Can only mean one thing - fiberglass. I never got around to testing the wick in a Smoky, but I figure they're the same so I wouldn't downgrade these for that. Actually I was going to try the replace the wick in the Clearo with a piece from a Smoky. But the wick frayed and splintered so much I just tossed it.

In the end, these are my current favorites. The price/performance is the best thing out there for me. Having said that, if 510-T atties were in the $2.50 range, that's where I'd be. Why are they so danged pricey???

EDIT: I wanted to add one more point. After being used to re-filling Smokies, I found myself fumbling for something else to do with myself while filling these. No bung and no condom! I guess old habits do die slowly.

Last edited:

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i have had air bubbles in the syringe when filling these and they havent leaked. i push the liquid (and the bubbles) in very slowly.

Ditto, no leaking as long as they are filled upside down. My favorite clearomizer to now and I've tried pretty much all the major ones, including the top coil version of this...

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
OK I did say wonderful but that was based on my first one out of the box...

My second one, I am getting too much air and it is not as warm as I would like. I don't like it. But I will try a third one.

I did take apart the first one and tried to dismantle it and put it in a tank but it leaked. I took the plastic off and covered the bottom with a steel cut out from an old ce2. But no luck.

UPDATE:... 10 minutes later... I threw the 2nd one out but the third one is wonderful again.

The two packs I had so far were wonderful. I´m worried about the short life, here they´re expensive. It´s not my main smoke but one of the favorites.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Updates:

This is my first CE, I have always used smok tech dcc's or v4l cool carts. Right now I am still having trouble with the dry hits. It might be my juice which is pretty sweet and goldish in color. Additionally the carto started out at 2.7 and is now 2.3 after one refill. I am going to try some other juices. One thing I have to mention is to NOT over fill these. Filling them upside down, leave about 2mm from the holes at the bottom or it all comes out the tube on the tip side. Made a small mess second fill trying to get a full fill.

Its at 2.2 now. I am down to 3.9 on the provari and the dry hits are going away. May have been tooooo hot. Not sure Ill keep you all posted.
the first carto was:
Velvet Vapors White Choc Tobbacco 70/30 12mg

2 big primer puffs, no flooding this time and it's hitting good again. I think I am going to try another juice and see what happens.

Filled the second carto upside down, put it on the mod, ohmed it, took a hit and wrote my last post. While it was sitting there half the juice came out the bottom of the carto. Not sure what made that happen ideas? It was fine when i ohmed it and took the hit.
VaporGod Pomegranate 60/40 11mg
This carto ohmed out at 2.7 first hit also

3rd carto 2.5 ohms
VaporGod Blackberry 80/20 18mg provari at 4.2 no dry hits, vapor production is good throat hit is much better. Flavor is medium. No leaking at all atm.

They don´t like to be vaped too hot. They´re designed for ego batts, so 4 volts is max

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quick update. I cleaned one last week and afterwards it started leaking. I think it is leaking through the press on bottom not out of the battery connection. I still love these. I hope someone figures out how to get these in a tank. I ordered a mom and pop sub tank over the weekend just so I can stop filling so often. For right now I will be using it with the ressurector cartomizer. Please let me know if anyone has seen one of these fitted in a tank.

When cleaning don´t dismantle them. I just take the silicone top off, fill it with water under the tap from both sides, dry burn slightly and put it back together. I don´t clean them unless I have to change flavors.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Got one box at 2.8 to 3.0 ohm first one out of the box lots,of dry hit on 85/15 pg/vg. Second one hits fine but all seem a little tight on my vtube. Cant chain vape or it will run dry. Hit watch for a bubble hit again ( i know bubble watching suxs but it works). Plenty of vapor at 4.2v taste is muted as compare to a ce2 top coil. No leaks at all. Easy to fill with supplied tip

. If your a hit and set down type of vapor imrecommend you try these if younare a chain vapor maybe not. You can squeeze themtube a pump juice in the wick but the tube will show signs of wear almost immediately. Not as good as a fluxomiser or a vision stone in the flavor or vapor but not bad. Get something less than the 2.8 if you want to try it at 3.7 as the vapor is really cool at 2.8 ohms on a 3.7 device. Vapable but long slow draws is mandatory which adds to the possiblility of dry hits.:blink:

I'll report back if there is a significant difference on the rest or the first one loosens up. The second one is lossening up and hitting better each time so it may.

Also it will not work on a deep well device such as a icon unless you use an extension due to the fatter tube design to be far the same goes for fluxomisers.

Hope this helps

Arthur

Editted for numerous typos...sorry

I´ve had nothing of these except for a tiny bit of leaking through the bottom... I´m a chain vaper, I even vaped them upside down... Never a problem and I have at least 8 in operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread