Cartomizers dropping in ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoper50

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
So I started using my new provari yesterday, so i've been kind of obsessed with checking the ohms on all my stuff while I'm using it. I wasn't able to check the ohms on my cartomizers before without pulling out my volt/ohm meter. Currently I'm running a 2.0 ohm carto in a phiniac tank. I put it across my volt meter when it was new, and it read 2.0 ohms exactly. But after a week of use it is now reading 1.6 on my provari. Yesterday it was reading 1.8.

Is it normal for carto's or coils in general to do this? I've been using it at 4 volts and it still seems to be performing well. But I'm wondering if this is a sign that it's dying. How low do you think I should allow it to get before replacing it?

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
The contacts on the carto may have had oxide or oil or something on them so after a bit of use the resistance dropped when it made better contact. Also a couple of the coils may have been close and touched or a crust shorted a couple of coils causing a short and causing a drop in resistance. Hard to know with out an autopsy of the carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread