Cartomizers at 5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Okay so I finally decided to give cartos a whirl after all the good press. I ordered a 901 to 510 adapter from AltSmokes so I could use it on my Prodigy V2 and just ordered some cartos from them. So here's the question - Does everybody's cartos get blazing hot at 5v or is it just these? After about 5 hits these things are hotter than a two dollar pistol! I use the condom with a hole to try and insulate but it still get way too hot! At 3.7 they don't get very hot but truthfully the vape is not so great. I have much better results with 510's at low volatge.

Is there a difference in Carto manufacturers or are they all made by the same company? I just find it so hard to believe that there are so many high voltage users out there that use these and I've never heard anyone complain about the heat. I'd love to hear that it's just the AltSmokes units. I love the concept of em! They're dirt cheap to buy, outlast an $8 510 atty and hold a boatload of juice. Plus they're super easy to refill.

Any input from anyone?

indyxlt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2009
New England
My only vape for the past two months is from cartomizers @ 5v. Once in a while I notice it getting a little hot but then I realize that I've been hitting on it like a two dollar ......! Never so hot that I thought I'd burn myself or needed a condom (which one should probably have with a two dollar ......). I bought blank cartos from Eastmall ($65 for 50 shipped). I use them over and over until I notice a decrease in performance. I almost exclusively use Nhaler High Voltage juice. Couldn't be happier.

Are you sure your PV is only at 5v and not 7.x?

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Yeah it's a stock Prodigy V2 running at 5V. Same result from my Puresmoker Pass thru at 5v. Starting to sound like the cartos I got are to blame. I would liken it to tailpiping a 510. After just a few hits it's WAY to hot to put your lips on!

Can I assume that Eastmall's DPV9 Capsules are the same as KR808 cartomizers?

Last edited:

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Get some of the 801 soft cart tips and put them over the cartomizer. I got some from ecigsupply for 3.50 for a 5 pack and they work wonderful. I usually take off the hard white cap/top and leave the little rubber round ring inside then slip the 801 soft tip over the cartomizer

This is the link for ecigsupply http://www.ecigsupply.com/

hope this helps

Last edited:

athlon14

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Yakima,Wa.
Yeah it's a stock Prodigy V2 running at 5V. Same result from my Puresmoker Pass thru at 5v. Starting to sound like the cartos I got are to blame. I would liken it to tailpiping a 510. After just a few hits it's WAY to hot to put your lips on!

Can I assume that Eastmall's DPV9 Capsules are the same as KR808 cartomizers?
Yes,DPV9's are the same;)

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
I don't care for cartos on my V2... I get 3 good puffs then I have to refill otherwise it tastes burnt.

I actually prefer the 901s at 5v. With 510s I seem to find myself refilling to often.

I think cartos work best at 3.7 volt. Some liquids perform way better than others too. I find my RY1 and RY4 juices give the best vapor production and TH at 3.7v

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
So from this post I am guessing that I won't be happy with my 5 volt passthru (once my usb adapters come in). I can always use the 510 passthru with inline battery. I am very happy with cartomizers at 3.7 volts.

Hold off judgment until you get it. They get hot but if you do a mouthpiece and don't take extra long hits they work fine. It's the only way I'll vape a cartomizer at this point - 5V mod - decent vapor that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread