• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cartomizer suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tham0402

Mar 22, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Nothin' like a leg full of e-juice to start your morning!

Within about 15 min. of waking up and taking the dog out, my less than two week old 2.5 ml Vulcan Clearomizer decided to bust open and leak e-juice all over my pocket. It wasn't just the chisel tip came off, but the actual tube got disconnected from the base. Tried putting her back together and it just leaked. (Not saying ANYTHING against Vulcan Vape, probably not a good idea to keep a clearomizer like that in a pocket, so totally my fault.)

The Vulcan Clearomizer, however, was the first one I've had that worked well with VG-based juices. (My 510 tanks just don't seem to feed the thicker stuff real well, not surprising.) So, I'm looking to replace it with something that works with thicker juices, but is a little bit sturdier.

Anyone have any good leads that'd work on an eGo? I like the idea of a clear one, just because between that and my 510 tanks, I'm used to being able to see how much juice I have left. Thought about their SmokTech dual-coil carto, but there's no way I need 6 ml of liquid at a time -- I don't have a long enough flavor attention span for that, lol. I'm also not 100 percent sold on a cartomizer; if there's something that works with an atty that is gonna be better for me, I'm willing to give it a go.

Thoughts? What's worked best for you?

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
I don't think those are the original Clearo's. I've had 1 loose there also. There good but there VERY Soft sides. They like to be baby'd. I don't use 100% VG, but use 50/50 liquids. Go on the forum under the Atty/Clearomizer section and read some of the review's there . If you don't find what you need to know then ask your own question. I don't know if the Visions will handle Pure VG. I'll be using Visions from now on. They are AWSOME. Going to gat 2 more this afternoon to replace the 2 I BLEW out trying to use 6v, lol

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
The Stardusts handle heavy VG fluid quite well, as long as you remember to keep the wick wet. I have used 100% VG in them with no problems. All the other clearos I have tried that with seem to have a problem keeping up. If I wasn't chain-vaping they did ok, but after a few draws I had to sit them down. Good luck in your quest!

Kevin

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Nothin' like a leg full of e-juice to start your morning!

Within about 15 min. of waking up and taking the dog out, my less than two week old 2.5 ml Vulcan Clearomizer decided to bust open and leak e-juice all over my pocket. It wasn't just the chisel tip came off, but the actual tube got disconnected from the base. Tried putting her back together and it just leaked. (Not saying ANYTHING against Vulcan Vape, probably not a good idea to keep a clearomizer like that in a pocket, so totally my fault.)

The Vulcan Clearomizer, however, was the first one I've had that worked well with VG-based juices. (My 510 tanks just don't seem to feed the thicker stuff real well, not surprising.) So, I'm looking to replace it with something that works with thicker juices, but is a little bit sturdier.

Anyone have any good leads that'd work on an eGo? I like the idea of a clear one, just because between that and my 510 tanks, I'm used to being able to see how much juice I have left. Thought about their SmokTech dual-coil carto, but there's no way I need 6 ml of liquid at a time -- I don't have a long enough flavor attention span for that, lol. I'm also not 100 percent sold on a cartomizer; if there's something that works with an atty that is gonna be better for me, I'm willing to give it a go.

Thoughts? What's worked best for you?

Oh no! not good, though a week or two is a pretty good run. If you like them and treat them gently you might not need to switch at all.

I like the clear dual coils 1ml size, but i use 100% PG juice, so don't know how well they wick with VG juices.

The other thing i do is put at least 3-4 more holes in the tank cartos - the hole that is in them isn't big enough even for good wicking with PG juices.

tham0402

Mar 22, 2012
Birmingham, AL
@CES: I was alternating it with an atty/tank, so I was hoping for it to last a bit longer, and it was still vaping like a dream. But, I just need to be kinder, methinks. :)

Thanks for the advice! To be clear (Yeah, I'm a noob.) are these the kind of cartos you were talking about poking? (510 Tank Atomizer Cartridges, 10 Pack) or the clearomizers?

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
What you have linked to is a tank cartridge, not a cartomizer. Those are for the ego t. What we are talking about, vulcan also sells and it is a cartomizer tank, or DCT (dual coil tank) run with a smok tech dual coil cartomizer. Most people are phasing out of the ego t, and on to other things.
also if you have a dremel, you can use the cut off wheel to put one nice size hole in them, no need for a carto punch, or fighting with a trim nail

Last edited:

tham0402

Mar 22, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Totally gonna blame the baby for me being a noob again -- got my tanks, tank cartridges and cartomizers mixed up. My initial setup was a 510-T so I've got a bunch of tank cartridges, and I had a cartomizer, which is what got jacked up. Haven't had a proper tank and didn't really understand how they worked, so yeah. Durr. Glad you helpful people are around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread