Carto tank sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

snickers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Los Angeles
Went to Vape Revolution today (amazing place) and tried out a cartomizer and tank setup. First day thoughts? It's brilliant. Tastes fantastic and no constant twisting like I needed to do with top coil clearomizers.

I have a 5 pack of the XXL pre punched cartos that they sell and a 3ml tank I was matched with. Looks and performs great on my ego twist. But now I want a second tank so I don't get sick of only one juice cause it actually seems to be lasting quite a while and the prep work for the carto is more time consuming than my previous clearomizer setups.

Will these XXL cartos fit in most tanks? I see ml sizing options and many options for dual coils. But nothing clear if XXL cartos will work. Any help would be great. Thanks.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
These are the cartomizers I have if it's any help. I can measure them if that'd be helpful too.

Flow Cartomizer XXL Low Resistance Punched Box - Cartomizers - Accessories

I dislike it when vendors don't put specs in their descriptions. I can't tell what the size is from the picture and, of course, just because one vendor calls something an "XXL" doesn't mean another vendor won't call it an "XL" :blink: Smoktech "DCT" tanks are called "DCT" and "SCT" depending on who is selling them (even if they don't come pre-loaded with either).

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Went to Vape Revolution today (amazing place) and tried out a cartomizer and tank setup. First day thoughts? It's brilliant. Tastes fantastic and no constant twisting like I needed to do with top coil clearomizers.

I have a 5 pack of the XXL pre punched cartos that they sell and a 3ml tank I was matched with. Looks and performs great on my ego twist. But now I want a second tank so I don't get sick of only one juice cause it actually seems to be lasting quite a while and the prep work for the carto is more time consuming than my previous clearomizer setups.

Will these XXL cartos fit in most tanks? I see ml sizing options and many options for dual coils. But nothing clear if XXL cartos will work. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I have a better idea! How about a picture of your tank!

snickers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Los Angeles
Deal. Here's a picture of the setup I have now. Thanks

photo.jpg

(that image upload did not go as planned...)

snickers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Los Angeles
How tall is the tank? And does it have a concave bottom the end of the carto fits into?

It's the exact height of a vivi nova tank. Measured to the top of the cap of the nova under the drip tip. I can't find a ruler in this house! My guess is 1.5 inches. Maybe 1.6.

I don't see a concave bottom and on further inspection, that carto stick a decent amount out of the top of the tank.

snickers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Los Angeles

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
It's the exact height of a vivi nova tank. Measured to the top of the cap of the nova under the drip tip. I can't find a ruler in this house! My guess is 1.5 inches. Maybe 1.6.

I don't see a concave bottom and on further inspection, that carto stick a decent amount out of the top of the tank.

Okay, here is a tank that uses an XXL (which I now can find a lot of with a Google search, although still no length): Tanks - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread