Carto Tank from Altsmoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yinzer

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hi all -- Well, these are really the last item I have to try in my newbie phase (coming up on a year off tobacco):

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Dual Coil 510 Cartomizer Tank 3.5ml

AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Dual Coil

I went from Blu (lasted a month), to eGo style.

Presently, I alternate between EMDC cartos (for tobacco flavors) and V3 rebuildable stardusts. The EMDCC works great on my Twist, last about 10 - 14 days. I really enjoy the snap crackle pop and flavor of these cartos. They've always worked really well.

I also enjoy the Vision V3 Clearos, but they can be finicky at times. I use them mainly when at home.

So...with these carto tanks. Aside from larger capacity (and I rarely can kill a 3ml EMDCC in a day), what benefits do they have over EMDCC? What kind of life can I expect out of the replacement carto innards? I might be interested in the single coil replacement....but I wonder, is it really worth investing any money, if I have a carto and clearo setup that seems to be working? Should I just put that money toward my next stock up of EMDCCs and V3s? Or will I be blown out of the water?

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Personally, I'd recommend a glass tank over the one you listed. Valley View Vapes has a great one for $20.

Since it looks like you like cartos then you'll be happy with a carto/tank setup. Performance is the same, but you have a much larger capacity. I don't think you'll be "blown out of the water" though. The other benefit to glass is that it'll stand up to problematic juices like cinnamon and citrus, if you want to experiment.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I also recommend a pyrex tank. Glass is a much more superior material than polycarbonate or even the all-juice safe polypropylene plastic tubes.

Valley View Vapes tanks are very nice, I have a couple for my Silver Bullet, but they are very large in diameter and would look quite top heavy on an eGo slim battery. Also, the default tanks that VVV sells come with silicone grommets, no endcaps, unless you pay more for the aluminum caps. You have to use a needle and syringe to fill these tanks with the grommets because cartos do not move easily within them.

I'd go with the tanks from IBTanked. He offers two diameters, 25mm and 19mm. The 19mm tanks are slim enough to look nicer on a slim battery like an eGo. Prices start at $20. I just did a full review of these, complete with pics, in the below link which includes the link to the website:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-reviews/349222-ibtanked-pyrex-glass-tanks.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread