Carto-Tank Disaster - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll also add that your draw technique is important.

A long, gentle draw of 4 - 6 seconds works best. Imagine sucking on a straw in a thick milkshake. Use your cheek muscles to draw the vapor into your mouth, then inhale the rest of the way into your lungs. Too hard of a draw can flood the cartomizer. If a carto isn't wicking juice as well as it should, doing "primer puffs" (pulling without the fire button on) every so often can encourage juice into the carto.

Last edited:

Bklynzfinest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2013
Brooklyn,NY
Just to update. I took the presumed burnt carto out & tried to reprime it this time using the toothpick/dripping method, really just to practice not expecting to be able to use it again... I didn't get any in the center post, but with each drop into the filling it continued to leak from the battery connector which was strange. I got it slushy on top, although within minutes that started to go away again (I think that's normal though?) anyway after priming, popped it back in my tank and it the flavor was restored.... no hint of burnt taste or dryness. Vapor production still isn't what it was in the beginning, but maybe that's something that slowly drops off as the cartomizer ages. Fingers crossed it stays like this until I get more boges in the mail! Thanks to everyone for the advice, seriously helpful!

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Just wanted to add that the slushy look will dissapear after u start vaping, so no u dont need to keep topping off.

Glad its working for now.
Out of the 50 plus cartos ive bought only had three bad were bad, one had no airflow and two tasted burnt as heck. I believe the burnt ones were dual coil.
Id like to add that i get my cartos from ibtanked or ikenvapes.
Not sure if where you buy them from matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread