Carto question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazydogjack

Jun 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
My cartos are for the Joye 510. I love the vapor production of them however I am constantly dripping. I can only get like 5 drops in before it starts running out all over the place. I have read you can fit 20 drops in per carto. I get my cartos from cignot and my liquid from awesomevapor. My liquid is PG based so it is thin. What am I doing wrong? I tried dripping from both ends and get the same result so I am constantly refilling this thing and it's driving me nuts. I tried the cartos from awesomevapor but I didn't like them because I felt like I wasn't getting any vapor production or a good hit off them. Any advice out there?:confused:

crazydogjack

Jun 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
I've tried two different cartomizers. The one I like out of the two has like a poly fill similar to a cartridge...this one I can only seem to get about 5 drops in. The other type has like a cotton type packing in it but I found it's hard to get a good draw on it and not alot of vapor production. If there's a different type out there that I don't know about please let me know what it is and where I can find it because I would love to try it. I used to use atomizers and cartidges starting out but discovered I like the carto's better. I'm fairly new at this and just tweek things along the way as I learn. Thanks for your help!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...dunno wassup with that...I get 30-60 drops into a carto depending if it a reg sized one or an XL...I use Boge2.0s and Smoketech 1.7 XL cartos...if you are actually using cartomizers and not cartridges, I can't imagine why you can't get more juice in them.....
madjack:2cool:

p.s. how about a specific link to what you are using............mj

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
I use boge and love them.

How to fill a Carto

First, Take the silicone condom off the end of the carto with the white top. Leave the condom on the threaded end. Then take off the white top of the carto. If you have a syringe,(18ga.) load it with 1ml of liquid, 1.5 for DCs’, and slide the needle down the side of the carto and fill from the bottom . A few more drops from the bottle until the top of the filling starts to look “slushy”. If you don’t have a syringe, just slowly drop drop drop about 20-40 drops. (drop sizes vary, 1.0 ml is the target) Let the drops go down the side of the carto, constantly turning it, not into the hole in the middle. Every 10 drops or so it may help the flick the carto like you would a thermometer to force the liquid to the bottom of the carto. Continue until the top of the filling is “slushy” and the juice stops absorbing into the filler. If you have a drip tip, throw away the white end cap thingy and use the drip tip, otherwise pop the white thingy back in place to vape and then get online and order some pretty drip tips.
I know it may seem complicated, but it really is not

Another method is the condom method. You can find plenty of U'tube vids for that. I don't like the method as it's too messy for me.

One more thing. Don't vape too long without topping off the carto or you will burn it. You'll get a feel for when you need to top off, (too warm, dry or reduced flavor) but until you do, do it often. If the filler is white, top off. If it takes more than 10 drops to get that slushy look on the filler, you may have waited too long.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Use this method for the first fill to saturate the filler material. You may be allowing the juice to run into the air tube in the center of the cartomizer. When you fill, do it slowly while holding the carto at an angle. Add a drop at a time and allow it to soak in before adding another drop. Turn it as you add drops to expose different areas.

This method gives you good initial saturation on the first fill.

crazydogjack

Jun 22, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thanks for all the feedback! I'm sure I'm filling them wrong.

madjack this is what I've been purchasing:

https://www.cignot.com/Joye_510_cartridges_p/510-cro-blk.htm

The description is:

Five Genuine Joye cartomizers for your 510. PG based. Holds approximately 1ml.
These items are refillable but disposable. They have a DOA Warranty.
There are many different methods of filling. You can remove the two hard plastic caps at the top to reveal the fill port which must be pierced with something sharp. (Similar to the eGo cartomizer picture.) You may also bottom fill.

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
"You can remove the two hard plastic caps at the top to reveal the fill port which must be pierced with something sharp. (Similar to the eGo cartomizer picture.) You may also bottom fill. "
I don't like the sound of that.

I've never used these. I like and use Boge cartos. From the description, the condom method may be the best for filling these. I've never had one in my hand. I wonder how you easily top them off?

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Thanks for all the feedback! I'm sure I'm filling them wrong.

madjack this is what I've been purchasing:

https://www.cignot.com/Joye_510_cartridges_p/510-cro-blk.htm

The description is:

Five Genuine Joye cartomizers for your 510. PG based. Holds approximately 1ml.
These items are refillable but disposable. They have a DOA Warranty.
There are many different methods of filling. You can remove the two hard plastic caps at the top to reveal the fill port which must be pierced with something sharp. (Similar to the eGo cartomizer picture.) You may also bottom fill.

OK, not real familiar with those, they are diff from the Boges and SmokTechs a lot of us use...BUT, I did find these answers for ya... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../151903-joytech-510-cartomizer-questions.html

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Thank you so much madjack for getting that info. for me I really appreciate it. I am going to try the boge type when I use these up. No one else I know vapes so I am a loner in this and have to figure it out on my own. Love this forum!

...not a problem, glad to help...no one else I know, vapes as well and if it weren't for ECF I wouldn't know anything so, I pass on info I can.........

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I ordered a boge from madvapes. Can't wait to try it out. Who do you buy your juice from? Is it Pg or VG based?

I get virtually all of my juice from BlueMist Vaping Supplies 250+flavs(we've tried around 60 of them)...they sell an 80PG/20VG and an all VG juice...my all day vape is a 50/50 mix of their Vanilla and Caramel Tobaccos...I get one in 80/20 and one in all VG, which, ends up being 40PG/60VG...I just love the vapor and so far have had no problems filling/topping/wicking in both Boge and SmokTech cartos..............

Last edited:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...yeah, we went a little crazy trying their sampler pks with 3 of us vaping in the house...we have all found our favs and the rest just get vaped on occasion........

p.s. I find most of their flavs pretty true to their name but are somewhat subtle and we get the 50cent flav shot in them...be aware, they are mixed when ordered and do benefit from some steeping...usually less than a week for tobaccos flavs and a few more days for the rest..........mj

p.s.s. don't know where ya are in Pa but, they are located in York, just out of Philadelphia.......mj

Last edited:

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I use a syringe to fill my boges and smoketechs.. I've noticed as a cartos gets older, used more, then it seems to hold less and less before it's dripping out the bottom. the first 2 or 3 days I can refill it while on my device, after that I have to take it off and hold it over a paper towel to fill it. As long as it performs to my satisfaction I keep using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread