Can't find my sweet spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

scemmer

Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Ridgewood, NY
I'm wondering if y'all can give me some advice to find my sweet spot using my reomizer on my reo grand. I've made regular coils, 30 gauge kanthal, 4 or 5 wraps, with silica wick, around 1.2 or 1.5 ohms. That and the LR 1.5 ohm atomizers I've tried don't hit hard enough. I've been making micro coils with 28 gauge kanthal, 10 wraps, cotton wick, 1.2 ohms. And that hits too hard for me. However, it gets better as the battery drains. I just want a nice, mellow vape with plenty o' clouds, and the convenience and awesomeness of a reo grand. Maybe the air hole is too small? I've ordered some lower nicotine liquids (12mg. I've been using 18mg). Maybe that will help? Seems like I've tried putting an extra wrap or two on my micro coils. Was still kinda harsh for me if I remember right. Any suggestions?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Maybe try lowering your coil, closer to the deck

^ exactly. That will reduce TH. I slant mine so they are a little higher on the juice hole side. Like this:
uny2e3ah.jpg

Additionally, if your coil is closer to the posts it will produce more TH. I pretty much run mine like this to minimize TH.
esaba2un.jpg

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
^ exactly. That will reduce TH. I slant mine so they are a little higher on the juice hole side. Like this:
uny2e3ah.jpg

Additionally, if your coil is closer to the posts it will produce more TH. I pretty much run mine like this to minimize TH.
esaba2un.jpg

Wow, nobody ever told me this before. TH is what I thrive for. Here I was trying to push my coil out towards the perimeter of the RM2 and it was all for naught. That explains my displeasure with the long-legged coils.

Leslv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Wow, nobody ever told me this before. TH is what I thrive for. Here I was trying to push my coil out towards the perimeter of the RM2 and it was all for naught. That explains my displeasure with the long-legged coils.

Thanks, I never heard this before either. I knew about the coil being higher for TH & lower for less TH but not the forward or back position. I had always tried to place the coil close to the rim as someone here suggested. On to more experimenting. Learn something new here everyday.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Thanks, I never heard this before either. I knew about the coil being higher for TH & lower for less TH but not the forward or back position. I had always tried to place the coil close to the rim as someone here suggested. On to more experimenting. Learn something new here everyday.

Same here....do love my TH too.

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
uny2e3ah.jpg

esaba2un.jpg

Russ is the man! I also couldn't find my sweet spot when I got my first REO and I PM'd him, and he helped me work it out!

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Great people these Reonauts. That just married monkey (Xobeloot/Toolebox) went to great lengths to help with my coil building and finding my sweet spot. Thanks again, Sir. EddieJones spent lots of his time to teach me about SS wicks. Thank you, Sir. Nerak, Sterno, SXD, creepy stalker, Kay, the man himself...and so I can go on! Great to be in Reoville.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread