Cannot find NF Marshmallow, is there something close to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
I've been looking into making a batch of Bonnie's Milkman clone and I was able to find most flavors but I couldn't find Nature's Flavors Marshmallow.

highdesertvapes seems to be selling it but when choosing "Canada" during the Checkout phase, the state/province dropdown menu never updates and instead shows states from the US.
diyvaporsupply also seems to have it but as I checkout, it says there is one or more items they can't ship to my location.

And finally, I tried directly from Nature's Flavors but the shipping rate is around 40$ for a 2 ounces bottle.

So I hate having to do this but I might have to replace it.
Has any of you tried NF's Marshmallow and find it very similar to something else?
Or perhaps you know a place I could buy NF Marshmallow?

Reactions: BrotherBob

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
So I hate having to do this but I might have to replace it.
I guess it comes down to a few things:
-How important (how much $$$) is it worth to you to have it "exact."
-How familiar (good memory; have physical sample for comparison) you are with what you are trying to duplicate.
-Is it important to have a real "clone? Or are you really just wanting a pleasurable vape with this general profile?

If all your answers are leaning to wanting/needing a clone; then you may need the NF. If not; then most any marshmallow will probably work.

I am NOT personally familiar with NF Marshmallow but I have used TFA, FA, and CAP and have found them all pretty interchangeable. Maybe with slight concentration ("strength") variations.

Further, reading the primary note in bonnie's recipe: "NF marshmallow.5ml (I used this for that overt sweetness and full mouth feeling)"(Your link; post #54), she appears to be using this flavor for sweetening and mouthfeel vs. a specific "flavor" or taste contribution. This is frequently how many DIYers use marshmallow in general (mostly for mouthfeel). And frequent brand substitution is not at all uncommon.

Finally, and especially if you already have another brand(s) of marshmallow, give it a try. If you like it you have got a winner AND saved yourself some money. If it is a disappointment then you can reevaluate whether it is worth the additional expense to buy the NF.

Best wishes!:)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
@JMC17 -
she appears to be using this flavor for sweetening and mouthfeel vs. a specific "flavor" or taste contribution. This is frequently how many DIYers use marshmallow in general (mostly for mouthfeel).
Quoted for truth. FlavourArt Marshmallow also adds sweetness. According to ELR notes, it seems a bit stronger than the NF version, so you might try it a little lower than Bonnie did. It looks like she used 0.5mL in a 30mL mix (1.6%), so you could probably get away with 0.3mL (1%) FA Marshmallow instead. But then again, I'm pretty sure a stronger marshmallow wouldn't ruin the recipe, so if you want to use it as a straight swap....

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
If all your answers are leaning to wanting/needing a clone; then you may need the NF. If not; then most any marshmallow will probably work.

Thanks! I have more than 4 strawberry flavors and they all taste different, so I was worried that marshmallows flavors were the same.
I do want it to be as close to the clone as possible but as you mentioned, it seems to be for sweetening and mouth feel. I think I'll go with another brand, one that I can find on ecigexpress and bundle it together with the rest of my cart/order.

It looks like she used 0.5mL in a 30mL mix (1.6%), so you could probably get away with 0.3mL (1%) FA Marshmallow instead. But then again, I'm pretty sure a stronger marshmallow wouldn't ruin the recipe, so if you want to use it as a straight swap....

Sounds pretty good, I admire how much attention/dedication Bonnie gave to the recipe and wanted to respect that by getting every details right. Unfortunately I'm unwilling to pay those insane shipping charges so I might have to go with more common brands for that marshmallow.
I'll probably end up getting the FA Marshmallow, plus perhaps CAP, since I tend to like every flavors they make.

I'm most likely going to use it as a straight swap, I want the keep the ratios intact.
If the marshmallow really is just for mouth feel and sweetening, I'd have to agree with you, it shouldn't change the taste much!

Thanks buddy, I checked the link just in case I missed something.
Seems like the shipping rate is now 25$ for a 12$ bottle, more manageable but still more than I'm willing to pay.
VZ was 10$ shipping for a 16$ bottle and that was hard to swallow but heh! Price to pay to be Canadian.

On a sidenote, your nickname reminds me of Elissa Steamer and that makes me happy.

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
My notes tell me that NF is owned by Best Flavors.
Thanks! Although I just checked and it'd cost 34.75$ to ship a 2 ounce bottle at 28$

As someone already mentioned, FA Marshmallow might work pretty good as a replacement. Also Flavorah Marshmallow is very good as well.

I'll definitely get a bottle of FA marshmallow along with a CAP or something like that.
I want to see if there's a difference between marshmallow flavors.

I have 3 flavors from Flavorah but I haven't been crazy about any of them so I think I'll skip for this one.
(Peanut butter, Blueberry Muffin, Wild Melon)

[EDIT]
I just noticed after re-reading the thread that Bonnie says somewhere in those posts that she prefers the recipe with LA Marshmallow so that solves it!

EcigExpress doesn't have the FW Vanilla Bean Ice Cream flavor but luckily Bull City Flavors has it so I bought everything from there instead.

Now it's just a waiting game.
Thank you everyone for the help!

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I do want it to be as close to the clone as possible but as you mentioned, it seems to be for sweetening and mouth feel.
JMO but Marshmallow is one of those flavors that I would say impacts a recipe (in order) through: 1) mouthfeel, 2) sweetening, 3) taste. Now Toasted Marshmallow would be a different story as I find that profile has a much more dominant taste. :)
I'll get a bottle of LA and FA marshmallow, just for testing.
Sounds like a solid plan. If you end up doing a flavor comparison between the LA and FA versions I would be interested to hear your thoughts. :D

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks! Although I just checked and it'd cost 34.75$ to ship a 2 ounce bottle at 28$
Another of my pet gripes, some vape consumers tend to shrug their shoulders and pay when they are charge double the actual cost of shipping. The buyer gets the shock after they have spent time and effort shopping. I'm always weary of sites that fail to adequately state the cost/carrier mode of transport when shopping at a new site. Another give away is the site that says they charge for shipping and handling, give me a break. If you let them, they will start charging for site maintenance and book keeping add on's. Do I watch cost, I have to, nobody else is going to watch for me.

Reactions: JMC17

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
Sounds like a solid plan. If you end up doing a flavor comparison between the LA and FA versions I would be interested to hear your thoughts. :D

Hehe! Unfortunately I grabbed a bunch of flavors and shoved them all in my cart just to realize I'm being greedy.
I had to remove the FA Marshmallow so I could keep the cost a bit lower :(

Here's what I got:
TFA: Pear, Malted Milk, Orange Cream, Key Lime,
Pineapple, Dulce de Leche, Peanut Butter, Dairy/Milk,
Crunchy Berry Cereal.

FW: Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Crunchy Cereal
INW-Cactus Concentrate
FA-Condensed Milk
LA-Marshmallow

Another of my pet gripes, some vape consumers tend to shrug their shoulders and pay when they are charge double the actual cost of shipping. The buyer gets the shock after they have spent time and effort shopping. I'm always weary of sites that fail to adequately state the cost/carrier mode of transport when shopping at a new site. Another give away is the site that says they charge for shipping and handling, give me a break. If you let them, they will start charging for site maintenance and book keeping add on's. Do I watch cost, I have to, nobody else is going to watch for me.

As a consumer that's not something I often think about. I tend to look at the ratio of how much I'm paying for the actual object and how much it costs to ship it. If I was ordering over 300$ of stuff, I probably wouldn't think twice to pay 30$+ for shipping but when I just want to buy a tiny little bottle for 15$ and they're asking me to pay 25$ of shipping on top of that, I get annoyed!
I understand shipping to Canada from the US may cost more, but when two US stores ships at drastically different prices for the same thing, that just doesn't make sense to me.

But if they're overcharging for profits, which is what I didn't think about, then that's really low!

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread