Can someone tell me if this is possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odyssey in Atrophy

Oct 18, 2010
New York
I'm about to purchase a new pv, and I'm wondering if this combination is possible. This post may belong in 1 or 2 "model specific" threads, but I generally get little response when posting there, so I hope someone here can help.

I plan on purchasing a 510 battery, using a 306 atty in a 510 cartridge.

Will a 306 atty fit into a 510 cartridge? I know the 510 and 306 are very interchangeable, but I don't think I've heard if the 306 atty (exposed bridge) will work in a 510 cartridge.

The reason I'm doing this is because I like the whistle-tip mouthpiece on a certain 510 cartridge I saw. I can't find a 306 cart with a whistle-tip, so I'm hoping to do it this way.

Does this even make sense?

Thanks,
Odyssey

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
What cskent said. :) A 306 atty will work on a 510 battery, but the 510 cart won't fit a 306 atty. The 510 cart fits inside the barrel of the 510 atomizer, but a 306 is exposed, so there's nothing to put the 510 cart in. The 306 carts go over the atty.

Another thing about the 306's... if you get 306 carts, they are absolutely tiny, like most super-mini carts. The 306 is a great atty, but it originally came from a super-mini e-cig. And those carts only take 3 or 4 drops. I can vape them dry in 5 minutes.

If you're a light vaper, that may be ok. But honestly, I think dripping is the only thing that makes sense with a 306. You can drip 2 drops right on the atty, and it lasts almost as long as the cart does for me.

306 drip tips fit over the atomizer, just like the carts do.

Odyssey in Atrophy

Oct 18, 2010
New York
Ok, well I guess I'll just get the 510 atty because I like the 510 whistle-tip mouthpiece/cart. Unless either of you know of a 306 whistle-tip mouthpiece somewhere?

I was really looking forward to using the 306 atty. I'd like to dip a little at home. Maybe I'll just have to deal with regular (round) 306 carts when I'm dipping.

Still haven't purchased any of this yet. I just returned my KR808-D2, because I didn't like dealing with cartos. They would get clogged, and I purchased some cartos that must have been made poorly because they were WAY too harsh on my throat. So, just the inconsistencies with the cartos put me off. Now that I know a little bit more about vaping, I'd rather do it manually and dip/drip at home. I'll use the 510 carts when I'm at work.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Nah, haven't heard of a 306 whistle tip, sorry. In fact I don't think it would work with the design of the cart. The cart filler is in its own little cylinder, stuffed in the back of the cart. You have to push it out with a paper clip through the mouth piece hole to get it out, so you can re-fill it. You couldn't make it a whistle tip, unless the length of the cart itself was a lot longer, because the filler is right under the mouth piece.

The 510's are pretty awesome. Be sure to take a little bottle of juice when you go out for topping off your 510 carts. They *do not* last a pack of cigs. I don't know how heavily you vape - I vape pretty heavily - but for me they last 20 minutes or so.

Odyssey in Atrophy

Oct 18, 2010
New York
Thanks for the info MN.

I can drip at home in the evenings and on weekends. I'll be using the carts mon-fri when I'm at work. I'll vape probably 4 times during the work day, taking approx. 60 total puffs throughout the day until I get home.

It would be great if a 510 cart would last me through each work day.

I think I'll purchase a 510 starter kit. Maybe buy some 306 attys and carts as well, for when I'm at home and feel like mixing it up a bit. I should probably get a pcc too. Evidently, they're all the rage, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread