Can secondhand vapor be harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirssstens

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Thodeepught
In certain circumstances, can too much vapor in the air be harmful?

If you are vaping away in a standard 11 x 13 bedroom, will the room eventually fill up with unseen, unsmelled vapor? Could this then be contributing to my insomnia?

What about passengers in a car exposed to vapor in the air?

Is it possible to (don't laugh) get "high", especially children, on too much vapor in the air? Is secondhand nicotine floating in the air?

Thanks friend, sorry if this seems silly but it's become a concern at our house.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
The insomnia is a relatively common initial reaction to the changes that are occurring in switching from cigarettes to vaping. vaping nic juice is not the sme as smoking a cigarette, physiologically. You may be not getting enough nic compared to your smoking habits (common), or you might be getting too much nic (less common). Without details of your smoking habits or how much juice of what nic level you are now consuming, it is very difficult to say.

As for kids getting high, it is highly unlikely, but I suppose possible if the room is closed up, very small, and you were vaping very heavily. But the nic level in exhaled vapor is considered very low.

I suggest posting this question with more personal vaping and smoking details to the Health forum, and get a discussion going where people can ask you questions:

Health, Safety and E-Smoking - E-Cigarette Forum

Your issues cannot really be addressed with a single response.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread