Can I use this to sweeten pre-mixed juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayamason

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
North Carolina
I'm not a DIYer, so I apologize for what may be an obvious question. :blush:
I have searched an read several posts on here about using liquid stevia to sweeten DIY mixes. I have a pre-mixed liquid that desperately needs sweetening. I have this from Whole Foods: "Stevia extract liquid" (WF brand). It's a 2oz glass dropper bottle, green label, and under "other ingredients" it lists: "vegetable glycerin and natural vanilla flavor in a 12% alcohol base".

Can I add this to e-liquid? If so, what's a good starting point (drops) for sweetening a 10ml bottle?

Thanks. :)

padejash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Port Hope, Canada
I've been using Stevia Glycerite for over a year now and like it a lot for sweetening my juices. I used the Stevia Extract for a while, but after accidentally adding a couple of drops too much, change to the glycerite which is more forgiving. I was thinking of trying the vanilla flavored Stevia Glycerite, but haven't bought any as yet.

As for how much, well that's personal. Some of my juices I prefer "Dry" or unsweetened, others I really like sweet. I add anywhere from a couple of drops to 1/2 mil per 10 ml of juices depending on what I want. Try mixing a small batch, 3 ml or so and add 1 drop. Then go up from there.

BTW: The sweetener is smoother and more mellow after steeping for at least 24 hours.

Hope this helps!

padejash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Port Hope, Canada
Thank you!

Just so I'm clear - are you saying that what I described is the same thing you're using now (stevia glycerite)? Or what I described is what you used to use (stevia extract)?

Stevia Extract is generally mixed with water and alcohol and is thin in texture. Stevia Glycerite is the extract mixed again with glycerin and is very thick. If the stuff you have is runny and thin, chances are it is an extract. If it is thick like corn syrup, then you have a glycerite.

For an extract, it is stronger than the glycerite. That's why I changed to the glycerite. Add a couple of drops too much of the extract and woo hoo. But not everyone is as klutzy as I am. If you are careful and mix well, you should notice a big sweet addition to your juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread