Can I use my RTA to test my RDA resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just upgraded from a SmokTech RTA to a Mephisto V2 rda. I built my first coil last night and used a multimeter to test the resistance. My first build was amateurish but worked, yet unfortunately my multimeter's lowest setting is factored by 10 * "resistance reading". Therefore, my needle only moves .15 tick marks above zero for .15 * 10 = 1.5 ohm. While this allows me to make sure there are no shorts, it is not accurate enough to really estimate resistance. For giggles, I threw my rda tank onto my RTA mod body and went to the resistance read-out option which was 9.9. This value seams high, is the value 0.1 * 9.9 = .99 ohms? Is this not an accurate or precise method to test resistance? Thanks for any and all advice.

Drewcifer

I believe you are correct sir. I took a measurement without any tank on it and it also read 9.9. Put a proper tank on, it read 2.2. An inappropriate El Diablo Mephisto RDA on the RTA device reads 9.9. On said RDA, I returned to the store today and had the employee rebuild it properly, so I know I am in the safe range. I was just curious for future builds if I could replace my precision-poor multimeter, without purchasing a vape-specific resistance-gauge. On my next build, I will experiment by threading a small piece of straight wire (very low resistance) and testing it on the RTA to see if the RDA is currently out of range with my professionally built sleeper setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread