CALLING OUT ALL MECH MOD MANUFACTURERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
At least your chain saws, extension ladders, lawn mowers, nail guns, barbecue grills, pressure washers, welding machines, etc will come with a good 50 pages of warnings and instructions in 5 different languages. Ignore the paper or read it - your choice. But when was the last time (any time for that matter) you saw a mechanical come with any paper?

Y'know, that's a good idea, Rickajho! I've never seen a mech I bought (either online or in a B&M) come with any kind of directions/instructions. It was okay, I spent a ton of time YouTubing the heck out of mechs before I bought my first one, but a lot of people aren't gonna do that.

It wouldn't have to be War & Peace - just a little pamphlet with some information on the best batteries to use (IMR in my opinion) the potential hazards of building below .4 ohms, don't carry the mod in your pocket if you have change or keys in them, maybe throw some information about hybrid connections and extending pins too.

I agree, you're never gonna idiot-proof the world, but putting a little relevant information right in the hands of somebody who just purchased a mech would be a step in the right direction.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Y'know, that's a good idea, Rickajho! I've never seen a mech I bought (either online or in a B&M) come with any kind of directions/instructions. It was okay, I spent a ton of time YouTubing the heck out of mechs before I bought my first one, but a lot of people aren't gonna do that.

It wouldn't have to be War & Peace - just a little pamphlet with some information on the best batteries to use (IMR in my opinion) the potential hazards of building below .4 ohms, don't carry the mod in your pocket if you have change or keys in them, maybe throw some information about hybrid connections and extending pins too.

I agree, you're never gonna idiot-proof the world, but putting a little relevant information right in the hands of somebody who just purchased a mech would be a step in the right direction.

Not to mention, it would be kinda fun reading those poorly translated Chinese instructions.

Reactions: Lessifer

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
They did, occasionally. Often it was due to faulty chargers, and being left unattended while charging.
But, the failures are a lot more violent with the 2500-3000mAh batteries we use today, than a 600-900mAh ego.
Can't get much more dangerous than your home burning down.

Tapatyped

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Baditude maybe a list of mods with well placed vent holes would be useful?
Unfortunately, there are not many. That's why I started this thread, aimed at mech mod manufacturers.

There is a small list in the below link. In addition, the AltSmoke Silver Bullet has a specially designed fire button which allows the gas to escape from a venting battery.

Mech Mods with top venting holes?

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
It doesn't even have to be the SL. I'd say all REOs are adequately vented.
To take that one further, If there's a bottom feeder that won't vent properly, I'm not aware of it.

Might not be ideal to have the juice bottle in the way, but not the same potential as a mod that might seal itself with metal.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread