Calling on US E-Liquid Suppliers: SHOW US YOUR FACILITIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I see no reason why Geoff and others shouldn't be called upon to provide similar disclosures on their operations.

I just don’t see how a YouTube video proves anything Good or Bad?

Great, so you have someone walking around in a paint suit with a dust mask and a hair net. Does that mean I should buy something from them?

I also Don’t Like the subtle inflection that if a retailer Doesn’t make one of these silly vids, that they have something to hide.

darthvapo

Jun 10, 2010
Minnesota
I just don’t see how a YouTube video proves anything Good or Bad?

I also Don’t Like the subtle inflection that if a retailer Doesn’t make one of these silly vids, that they have something to hide.

It matters to me where anything I ingest is manufactured. Most of the products we eat/drink/ingest/inhale are regulated by someone (health department, FDA, FCC, USDA, etc). So far e-liquids are not regulated and there are folks mixing this stuff in their basement/kitchen/garage/warehouse. I want to see proper procedures being used and some assurance that their are trained lab workers and chemists on staff. Nicotine is nothing to play with.

I personally assume that if you don't show at least photos on your mixing area then you are probably mixing with your bare hands on a tabletop somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, i will still sample all juices to see flavors but I dont put any juice into my regular rotation (heavy vaping) unless I have seen at least photos of where it is made.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
So....you want professional, university trained staff, sterilized work spaces, everything for under 10 dollars, and free shipping? Now you want video tours of where the products are made?

Do you want a kidney or another vital organ with that?

Vendors owe you NOTHING, and have a bustling business outside of the small world of ECF...remember that.

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
""For all we know, they could be mixing this stuff in their kitchen sink.""

yup perhaps but, given that they usually taste 100% better than a big quality controlled facility, I for one don't care, well as long as their sink isn't full of dirty dishes that is...

I have thought about eliquid suppliers being monitored (usually when I got liquids that smelled and tasted like chemicals to me), but than I remember what was in the menthol cigarettes I smoked for 30yrs and wonder why I am even wondering.. I do understand were you are comming from though and it makes sense but, regulating suppliers would result in fewer of them and that would result in us stuck with mostly Dekang juices and that just won't do for lots of us... Figure of speech or not, I would take juices mixed in a kitchen sink over that any day!!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It matters to me where anything I ingest is manufactured. Most of the products we eat/drink/ingest/inhale are regulated by someone (health department, FDA, FCC, USDA, etc). So far e-liquids are not regulated and there are folks mixing this stuff in their basement/kitchen/garage/warehouse. I want to see proper procedures being used and some assurance that their are trained lab workers and chemists on staff. Nicotine is nothing to play with.

I personally assume that if you don't show at least photos on your mixing area then you are probably mixing with your bare hands on a tabletop somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, i will still sample all juices to see flavors but I dont put any juice into my regular rotation (heavy vaping) unless I have seen at least photos of where it is made.

I’m all for Health and Safety. And I agree that you should be concerned about the way Anything is made that you put in your body. I just don’t see how a YouTube video of some smuck in a bunny suit makes it any better?

How do you know where the video was shot?
What is in all these scientific looking bottles that are so neatly organized?
How do you know that when the cameras are turned off, that however they were doing, whatever they were doing will continue?
What good is proper handling if the ingredients are not wholesome?

Sorry if I sound a little jaded. I guess that I’m am just not of the generation that believes if you See it on YouTube then it Must Be True.

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
I have thought about eliquid suppliers being monitored (usually when I got liquids that smelled and tasted like chemicals to me), but than I remember what was in the menthol cigarettes I smoked for 30yrs and wonder why I am even wondering.. I do understand were you are comming from though and it makes sense but, regulating suppliers would result in fewer of them and that would result in us stuck with mostly Dekang juices and that just won't do for lots of us... Figure of speech or not, I would take juices mixed in a kitchen sink over that any day!!

You must not have a lot of faith in the American marketplace. Regulation and full disclosure will not prevent Americans from competing with Dekang. And, by the way, I don't trust Dekang either.

We are dealing with a product that contains a known poison. How do we know that a liquid being represented at, say, 24mg really contains that much nicotine? We are not talking about a place selling Grandma's apple pie. This is a chemical agent. I am sure that most US e-liquid suppliers on this forum do the best that they can, and their products certainly taste much better than the Chinese counterparts.

I would like to see some form of regulation that ensures purity and proper representation of content. This may mean higher prices, but at least we would know what we are vaping.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

So, I feel it in appropriate for the ECF comminity to demand that each and every e-liquid supplier provide a video demonstration of their facilities and quality control procedures for scrutiny by their customers and prospective customers. This is a reasonable request, and certainly in the best interest of the industry as a whole.

So folks, what do ya say?

RadicalJD

I would like to see some form of regulation that ensures purity and proper representation of content. This may mean higher prices, but at least we would know what we are vaping.

I thought that is what all those silly videos we are to "demand" that suppliers provide is supposed to do? :unsure:

Now are you saying that you want the Government to regulate e-Juice? :facepalm:

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now

Wow I dont think you really Understand the implication of what you are wishing for.

If you want it Safe...then we need to pull ecig's off the market for 10-20 years so they can be properly be studied.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I'm in the non-issue camp. I wouldn't inspect a friend's kitchen if she gave - or sold - me a batch of her famous snickerdoodles, and this isn't much different. I mean, I'll ingest pie from a truck stop, friend's kitchen or county fair. I just basically trust that I'm not going to get a random shot of formaldehyde (ie, something not involved in the making of pie) in my coconut cream, yk?

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I have to agree with UntamedRose here. Regulation is NOT what we want to see. If you're concerned about what's going into your juice, mix your own or buy from the bigger manufacturers.

RadicalJd, you must not eat out often, or you have no clue what goes on in a restaurant kitchen. If you did, I guarantee you would be freaking out about what you're putting into your body.

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Wow I dont think you really Understand the implication of what you are wishing for.

If you want it Safe...then we need to pull ecig's off the market for 10-20 years so they can be properly be studied.

No one can guarantee that e-cigs are "safe." I just want to know that the e-liquid contains what the supplier says it contains. I don't want to vape 100mg liquid that has "24mg" on the label, or that contains some contaminant from dirty facilities.

When I say "regulate," I don't necessarily mean government. Maybe some independent entity or organization. Maybe "regulate" was a poor choice of words. Perhaps "oversight" or "independent certification." As it is now, any idiot off the street can concoct something and sell it as e-liquid.

Last edited:

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
radicaljd... You must not have a lot of faith in the American marketplace. Regulation and full disclosure will not prevent Americans from competing with Dekang. And, by the way, I don't trust Dekang either.

When I buy something that says Made in the USA, just to find that everything in the product itself was produce in China, it kinda makes it hard to have much faith in the American marketplace!!

Anyhows, thats another matter.. Regulations may not prevent American competition like you say but, it would probably make obsolete the moms and pops juices that many of us prefer and that would make some of us pretty darn grumpy :(

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
No one can guarantee that e-cigs are "safe." I just want to know that the e-liquid contains what the supplier says it contains. I don't want to vape 100mg liquid that has "24mg" on the label, or that contains some contaminant from dirty facilities.

When I say "regulate," I don't necessarily mean government. Maybe some independent entity or organization. Maybe "regulate" was a poor choice of words. Perhaps "oversight" or "independent certification." As it is now, any idiot off the street can concoct something and sell it as e-liquid.

Ah your calling for self regulation a trade union of sorts....there has been talk of that.
Unfortunately, do to personal BS politics there are several different "orgs" trying to claim that title and do exactly that.......so None of them are succeeding and none of them will until One group is deemed the leader in such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread