Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
For your vaping pleasure, the Calix v3 !
As always, entirely out of SS304L, the safest SS for vaping. Pop-out top cap, no threads any more, making refilling a breeze. Quartz-glass tube as standard. 2ml official capacity. Air flow control ring has been added. The sleeve's windows have become bigger for more visibility of the chamber-tank. 40mm tall, 22mm lower and upper diameter, 23mm middle diameter. New screws with wider heads have been added to grip even the thickest wires. Spares and drip tip included. Release date will be announced shortly.
16442952_716130168555127_137109962_o.jpg
Cage.jpg
16442973_716125428555601_162284222_o.jpg

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ain't she a beaut?

7148dba6fd32f30e84fb93640f62bb54.jpg

Twisted 28g Kanthal, 5/6 wraps, 5/64-2mm, 0.65~ ohms, 25 watts on a Radius.

All air holes open.

BLISS.

Same build I put in all my Calix v2's...yet somehow this feels better.

I don't know how!

Much how people say (or used to say) that Kayfuns & Provaris were meant for each other...I would ABSOLUTELY say the same thing about the Calix (any version).

I have a Calix v1 with a single wire 28g, 5/6 wrap, 5/64-2mm, 1.2 ohm coil running at 10 watts on my Provari Classic

Same build and set up on my P3.

I have the same twisted wire set up in TWO Calix P3v2's that I run on two other Radii.

Lastly, I have the same twisted wire set up in a Calix 510v2 on another Radius.

Essentially, my tank line up is all Calix and KF4.

Throw a Rose V3 in there, a Kabuki, and a couple of Serpent Mini's (not high end but damn good for a $20 clouds-bro tank)...these all make a random cameo once in a while.

So...

I have six Calix total, and four KF4's...not that I'm trying to brag, but I'm suddenly realizing (now that I count them) that I've gone Calix crazy!

I really cannot think of how else this atomizer could be improved upon for a Calix v4...

Billie, you're just gonna have to dream up some new atomizer, because the Calix V3 is the Calix PERFECTED.

Thank you Billie!
Thank you Team ByLeo!

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I've only found the "armor sleeve for calix" and I see threads on the upper portion of the sleeve. is that compatible for the calix v3 push-top cap?

maybe I need to go and watch the video again.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The v2/v1 tanks that have threads on top for the threaded top cap, are not compatible with the v3.
The v3 is only in Cage mode at the moment. The sleeves for the previous Cage models fit. Not the entire Cage tube. You can find them here. The tank of the v3 has a different length, so it has a different chamber as well. The base of the v3 can be used on a v2/v1.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
I think I've had my Calix v3 for about a month now. I was so excited that I immediately opened it, built it (struggled a bit with one missing o-ring), and vaped it. somehow something was off - not much flavor and my vapour was so harsh that I coughed for the next week.

So I let it sit and vaped my other builds for awhile until yesterday.

After completely taking it down and cleaning in an ultrasonic bath, I rebuilt from scratch - this time with a spaced coil at appx 1.2ohms (instead of my usual microcoil).

It's working great now! so I thought I'd leave my impressions of this great atty.

First, let's start with the perspective I'm coming from. I don't buy many atties. Once I find something that works for me I stick with it. My best successes with premium rebuildables came from the ByLeo Sophia v1 and the GP Spheroid. Eventually the Spheroid/Heron line became my exclusive atomizers because of the differences in performance vs maintenance/ease-of-build. While I liked the Sophia's performance I just got tired of keeping up with trying to find the perfect carto tank, the cracked ceramic cups, and the wire-zapping.

So while I briefly kept up with the ByLeo product releases, I waited until there was a finished product that hit every point in my want list. Then I found the Calix v3 and knew I had to try it - caged glass tank, adjustable side airflow, easy pop-top top fill, no consumable cups to build in and liquid flow control.

The Calix v3 is a pretty complex product with a lot of parts (necessitated by all the features it provides) and once you get a proper build in it it functions wonderfully. I get a dense, saturated vape. It's so flavorful that I'm even considering lowering the flavor content in my DIY liquids. The airflow control is smooth and devoid of that annoying whistling noise that some atties are plagued with - even with less than one hole open (I'm a MTL vaper and I currently have a rather tight draw). While it isn't leak/flood-proof, I find that you have mess things up pretty badly to have more than a tiny bit of condensation to blow out of the AFC on occasion.

This is a wonderful product and it's definitely going to be around with the select few atomizers that I keep and use.

There is only one gripe I have and it is more a personal preference that a fault of the product: I'm not a fan of the coil mount points and the fact that the coil has to be built prior to fully screwing the cup onto the deck.

Additionally, the mount points on the outside of the cup tend to, both, make the length of required wire longer and it is tricky to get a microcoil (where each coil wrap touches) mounted in the right position without pulling the coil apart. Personally I'd prefer the mounting points to be on top of the posts rather than the outside edge. An even better solution would be if there were mounts points both on the top AND the side.

The Calix v3 also has a weakness (aside from the obvious and unavoidable weakness of glass): the number of o-rings. There are a lot of o-rings in this product and one, or more, will inevitably need to be replaced so a precise listing of specific o-ring sizes and their locations would be great (as well as a source to purchase them individually).

Thanks ByLeo for this great product! :)

Last edited:

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
@stanleybb50

Check this out!

Hey Billie!

Very excited to see new gear from ByLeo!!!

Is it too soon to inquire about a P3 base for this model? [emoji13][emoji13]

Can't wait to add this beauty to my collection!!!
It will come only as it is in the pictures. Unfortunately, to save cost and release it cheaper we had to limit the production to one design. The sleeves though (Sleeves for the Calix Caged Tube - By Leo) will fit properly.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Hi all :) I've been away for some time... since before any of the Apollo and Calix releases. The Calix v3 had caught my eye and I'm anxious to get a chance to try it so I'm definitely waiting for word on the next release date!

I've already checked out Q's excellent review and build so I already know I need to keep a lookout for a spare glass tank to order when purchasing.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Yes you did! :D

Hey Billie,

I'm sure you may have already considered this...but do you think we will see ULTEM tanks/tips for this Calix?
Or maybe for the Calix v2?

ULTEM is super popular right now, and for good reasons!
It's vape safe (even resists most "tank cracker" juices), and it's attractive looking!
9b0720707aa66e4eac388776c331e8de.jpg

I think an ULTEM tank would look sexy on a Calix body (as either unibody tank, or tank section)...and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

:morning thoughts:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread