Buying my 1st RBA, Taifun GT clone or Kayfun 3.1 Clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VamoV5

Feb 15, 2014
Netherlands
Hi everyone,

I'm looking into buying my 1st RBA after owning the protank 3, aerotank and nautilus on my Vamo V5. I've been doing cotton rebuilds on them for a while now and I'm looking for something even better.

Now I've come across the kayfun 3.1 clone and the Taifun GT clone. They seem to be very similar but I'm interested in the differences from you guys whom already might own them. Which one is the best of the two? What are the pros and cons?

I've also seen the Prometheus clone but as far as I've read the best ones seem to be the kayfun 3.1 and the Taifun GT. Let me know what you think. :)

Thanks in advance!

Taifun GT Clone - De Elektronische Sigaret
Kayfun 3.1 Clone - De Elektronische Sigaret

*EDIT*

I've also found the Ismoka Magoo, which is also very highly regarded, so I'll throw this one in the mix too.

So.... Which one is best and why?

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I have one Kayfun and three Taifun atomizer. The Taifun is easier to build for me, age and eyes. The Kayfun has leaked from day one even after a complete rebuild - "O" rings, screws, soft nylon brush to the threads, everything I could think of. Consequently, I have no idea how it tastes. I guess right now it would taste dusty.

Last edited:

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
If it's between those two, I'd go with the Taifun. Kayfun can be frustrating to set up, you gotta get the wick & coil just right or you're gonna be getting dry hits and/or leaking.

Have you tried rebuilding your aerotank or PT3? They don't have to be dual coil, you can throw a single coil in there... Just make sure to put a flavor wick on top to keep it from leaking.

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
iSmoka Magoo, is a clone of the Ithika. With the Ithika you have to use NR-R-NR wire, and it can be tricky, especially for new users. There was a upgrade made available for the Ithika so you didn't have to use NR-R-NR wire, but I don't know if any of the clones got onto this?

I'd get a Kayfun over the GT. I own both and I prefer the Kayfun :)

Vape On :vapor:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Both are good choices, but my personal preference would be to drop the Kayfun 3.1 from the list, and replace it with "Kayfun Lite" for it's bottom fill screw. Build wise, the Lite and 3.1 are similar.

Taifun GT vs. Kayfun, I find the flavor to be better on the Taifun, and IMO, it's slightly easier to build with microcoil and cotton. The wicking will take some experimentation and practice with both, which leads to the GT's advantage: The coil and wick can be serviced without draining the tank, and it's filled similar to how you'd fill a bottom coil clearomizer.

I use and enjoy both, but in terms of a first RBA given the choices, I'd go Taifun GT.

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
i have a kayfun lite and taifun...i'm new to them as well

right now i'd have to recommend the taifun, more vapor production, better flavor, and i find the look to be better....sort of...i set up my coil, had one day of leaking, put a new wick in and have been golden, i also find it easier to access the wick and coil and not spill a ton of liquid....only problem is i sometimes have trouble getting the clear plastic to screw into the metal when filling it

the kayfun i just got but i don't get the same vapor, the flavor is good but not great, but i did have the metal block get loose and ruin a build i had when the wire completely snapped when the block moved, i'm not a fan of having to empty it in order to access the wick and coil, i've had no problems taking pieces apart and putting it back together though and while i don't think the overall look is as nice as the taifun it is 22mm so it does sit flush on more devices

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
Taifun is definitely better than the kf, a bit trickier to build but the fogger blows both out of the water!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I have the fogger but so far I'm not impressed with it. The airflow control for mine is just a spinning ring similar to the Aerotank V1, and it's either completely closed or too open. There really is no in between since it can spin so easily. I have a Taifun coming in the mail today, and if it's as good as other people say it is, I'm gonna ditch my Kayfun clones since I've had nothing but problems with every single one of them.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Smash your afc ring just enough to make it out of round it will work better but I keep mine open all the time anyway, lots of people just take them off.

Besides that if your not happy with it your not building it right, read thru the fogger v4 threads and post some pics, we'll get you going.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Russian /any kf is not to be used as a dripper , has been done but it's stupid and pointless...

I don't understand; can the kayfun be used conveniently as a dripper or is it that it just wont fit together conveniently that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread