Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Yah but its drives me crazy, i dont think i can tolerate it :>)
Whether it's normal or not, if there's something annoying whenever you pick it up, it should go. A mod should be a pleasure to use or it won't get much use.
Better to pass it on or swap it if that's possible. Good luck sorting this out!

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I don't have any mods with loose buttons, but I do have some with loose battery doors. And some where the bottom isn't quite flat so they wobble when I set them down. Etc. vaping gear is kind of the wild west of technology. Some of the manufacturers come out with new models every week. They don't have time or funds to get everything right. What matters to them is to sell some units then move onto the next model.

Maybe you can get used to the rattle, if not I guess it goes into the fail box.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I really like Teslacigs as a company but IMHO the 220 punk was their lemon mod. To me it was awful in most ways: heavy, boxy, large, did I mention heavy? It also seemed designed to like, cut my hands with its sharp edges and stuff. I also think the blinking lights WITH the Steampunk WTH?

I sold it on the classies to a guy who I sincerely hope had big hands but he seemed happy with it. I don't remember a button rattle but it would not shock me if there had bee one.

Give me the regurgitating batteries of the steampunk nano that was easily fixed with a silicone sleeve. I will agree, mods that are annoying are harder to vape. I can't imagine you would have that much trouble selling it but I would contact Telacigs directly and say the vendor is giving you grief they may be able to help you out.

Good luck,

Anna

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
You could always pull it apart and put a few layers of electrical tape on the back of the button. Cut the tape to fit and keep stacking one at a time until the rattle disappears. :thumb:

The 8 year old Chinese kid who built it was probably having a bad day on the assembly line that day... :lol:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Thats some pretty technical stuff that im completely ignorant about. I'm just hoping its in there good enough so that it wont fall out lol. Thanks for commenting!

The button won't fall out. It's designed with a flange that captures the button under the case. It can't fall out unless you disassemble the mod.

Joel tullos

Jul 1, 2018
https://www.vapinginsider.com/reviews/tesla-punk-220w-review/
"The buttons are square in shape with rounded off corners. They have the same clicky feel to them as all of the other buttons have. The buttons on this mod are extremely solid and I have experienced no button rattle at all, even if I shake my mod like a maraca."

Tesla PUNK 220W Box Mod
"The Build quality of the Punk 220W like the 85W version is very impressive and there is no button or battery rattle whatsoever."

So maybe it's not "normal" after all...
Yah, theres several reviews ive found that mention NO rattle

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yah ive contacted them three times. Ive jumped through all their hoops. They even wanted a short video showing the problem, and they still said it was normal. Its absolutely not normal if it buttons rattle as you handle it. Well, atleast the battery is isnt rattling So, I just pulled it back out and popped some batteries back into it. I really like it alot.:>( Hopefully they wont fall out LOL

Did you make a video? I'm serious, make a video, send them the reviews that mention absolutely no button rattle, etc. I don't know how bad that rattle is, but it shouldn't be there. And it bugs you. The vendor won't lose any money--they send it back to the manufacturer as defective, so don't feel bad for them. Besides, the manufacturer should know that there are QC problems with their product--if we don't complain, they'll never know and they'll never fix the problem.

It's your decision, of course.

Cool mod, BTW! :)

Last edited:

Joel tullos

Jul 1, 2018
Did you make a video? I'm serious, make a video, send them the reviews that mention absolutely no button rattle, etc. I don't know how bad that rattle is, but it shouldn't be there. And it bugs you. The vendor won't lose any money--they send it back to the manufacturer as defective, so don't feel bad for them. Besides, the manufacturer should know that there are QC problems with their product--if we don't complain, they'll never know and they'll never fix the problem.

Yeah I sent a short video demonstrating to rattle, and it clearly rattles just from handling it. Every button rattles (no battery rattle atleast). I went through the whole process. Took pictures of the box and security code and the video. thanks though, it wouldn't hurt to email them those links.However, They're just blowing me off now. I thought for sure they would make this right after all the hoops they had me jumping through. Anyway, I pulled it back out and put the batteries back in, I really like it! I just keep telling myself the buttons are fine and they wont come off or anything. Everything works wonderfully. Guess i might as well try to tolerate it Lol!. Hey thanks a lot for replying. Best wishes.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

We trash the returns at the vape shop where I work, it just not cost effective to send them back to China. ;) Unless there is a mass known recall etc the distributor won't exchange defective singles.

Even though the rattle is highly annoying to the customer, it's not really a defective unit.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
We trash the returns at the vape shop where I work, it just not cost effective to send them back to China. ;) Unless there is a mass known recall etc the distributor won't exchange defective singles.

Even though the rattle is highly annoying to the customer, it's not really a defective unit.

Oops. Never mind. Sorry. Post edited.

But I disagree with you on the rattle. It's a defect in my book! :lol:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

No appology nescessary, it all depends on the distributor but the ones we deal with are that way.
I agree it is a defect, was just playing devils advocate and looking at it from the mfg/dist side of the fence. ;)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

More like a design flaw they won't fix unless the word gets out about the rattle and nobody buys them because of the complaints. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
More like a design flaw they won't fix unless the word gets out about the rattle and nobody buys them because of the complaints. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Exactly right. I believe in giving feedback to manufacturers. Countless mods and tanks have been redesigned (think V2, V3) or even taken off the market because we complained on e-cig forums, YouTube, social media, or via requests for replacements under warranty. By pointing out malfunctions and design flaws we only make the industry better and safer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread