Burnt Tastes (Yea another one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are many posts on burnt taste, and most people are saying its from the tank not having enough juice. I didn't have this problem until I upped the Nicotine level in my juice. My juice is a dark 70/30 mix and if I hit more than at least 2-3 minutes between then I am tasting burnt. I used the 30mg nicotine before, and upped it to 36mg on this bottle. I love the taste of this juice, and am having lots of trouble finding anything local that relates to the taste. I have tried many different tanks, and got a different result from each one. CE4 and 5 - clogged after 2 hours. EVOD - got three and all of them tasted like metallic air after a few hours. Maybe the coils bad? Got a T3S and it was awesome, used it 2 days (Longer than any other) and after about 6 tanks, liquid got really black and tasted burnt every hit. Cleaned it really good, let it dry, and first hit was fine, second hit and any there after was burnt. Could it maybe have had the bad liquid too long and either burnt the coil and wicks? Now I have the Mini Protank 3 and have been getting burnt hits again if I hit more often than every 2-3 minutes. Would one of the adjustable airflow "add-ons" make me get more air, and more liquid to my wicks and help not get the burnt taste every time?

Hi. I have noticed that high nic juice burns my coils much faster and that the higher PG juices also burn my coils. The thin stuff turns crispy and after it coats the coil you get charcoal and this tastes awful. Why such a high nic level? I would think you would have smoked 3 or more pks per day or Turkish tobacco from the nic level you are using. If thats your problem than the advice above would be your best choice. Get a better clearomizer tank system one that is easy to change coils on and has better air flow so your juice vaporizes better and faster so it doesn't sit on the coil too long and cook. Maybe a Carto tank would work better for you due to the thin liquid your using,it might slow down the amount of juice that sits on the coil. Hope you find a nice system you love soon, as this kind of frustration can lead to relapse if your not getting a nice Vape from your gear. DON'T GO BACK TO CIGS! There is a solution. Maybe a visit to a local Vape shop for a little advice if you've got a good one near by. We are all rooting for you!:2c::thumbs:

Could also try removing the tank and blowing through the tube several times. I have a strawberry juice at 70/30 pg/vs and that works well when it starts tasting burnt. Only juice I have had any problems with. With that one rinsing acted about like you say yours did and blowing through the tube with the tank removed worked for me. Hope this helps you.

Thanks guys for all your help. Can you reccomend a decent tank for me? Or should I try the airflow "add-on" for my Mini Protank 3. I have heard that the Aero tank and Nautilus are good ones. I have just been stepping up each time something fails on me (stitcking with kanger though), and I am still new to all this. I am willing to pay at the time around $30 for a decent tank, but just dont know what to go for. Later on, I would of course step up to the big game as most usually do. At this moment, I have sunk too much into it though to give up now, and am loving the experience, and not smoking, but I just have to find something that works for me. Never thought of the multiple at once though. Good idea.

Thanks Nana! I am using a pretty dark thick juice, So I guess its just not working on my coils. I stepped up from 30mg nic to 36 and was a bad idea. Getting headaches and have already ordered a lower one. Since that was the only change in my juices, I thought that may be the culprit on my burnt taste. I am going to stop by my local vape shop today and see if they can reccomend something.

Hi. I have noticed that high nic juice burns my coils much faster and that the higher PG juices also burn my coils. The thin stuff turns crispy and after it coats the coil you get charcoal and this tastes awful. Why such a high nic level? I would think you would have smoked 3 or more pks per day or Turkish tobacco from the nic level you are using. If thats your problem than the advice above would be your best choice. Get a better clearomizer tank system one that is easy to change coils on and has better air flow so your juice vaporizes better and faster so it doesn't sit on the coil too long and cook. Maybe a Carto tank would work better for you due to the thin liquid your using,it might slow down the amount of juice that sits on the coil. Hope you find a nice system you love soon, as this kind of frustration can lead to relapse if your not getting a nice Vape from your gear. DON'T GO BACK TO CIGS! There is a solution. Maybe a visit to a local Vape shop for a little advice if you've got a good one near by. We are all rooting for you!:2c::thumbs:

I've ordered a nautilus with the new bvc coils I will let you know how it works for me

I would appreciate that moore, if the vape shop doesnt work, Im leaning towards that, thinking maybe I need to get away from the lovely gurgles of Kangertech!

Are you having the same problems?

Last edited:

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Thanks Nana! I am using a pretty dark thick juice, So I guess its just not working on my coils. I stepped up from 30mg nic to 36 and was a bad idea. Getting headaches and have already ordered a lower one. Since that was the only change in my juices, I thought that may be the culprit on my burnt taste. I am going to stop by my local vape shop today and see if they can reccomend something.

This is your problem. Dark and Thick in a clearo will destroy coils in nothing flat and taste pretty icky fast. I use a very light clear liquid and in the beginning my fiance fell in love with this dark thick (not sweet at all) juice and it was like a coil serial killer :blink:

Try to find a similar flavor in a more clear version (or a flavor that you find as pleasing at least) and I would bet you have much better performance out of what you have.

I've had fewer problems than you seem to have had however the highest nice content when I started was 24 down to 18 in a couple weeks and I used aspire et bdc. But I like more airflow that I experienced with nautilus and everything I have seen on the bvc coils has me excited about them. Haven't seen the regular nautilus come with those coils but got the tank and 5 bvc coils on the way for 35 bucks plus 5 shipping and the coils between regular and mini-nautilus are interchangable. Creepy Lady has a point about dark juices though if you can find something similar in a lighter juice it will help as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread