burnt taste or labo organic puff cotton pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis85904

Nov 18, 2014
seattle
So I recently order some organic cotton from amazon, due to not being able to find kid reasonable priced Amazon.com: Cotton Labo ORGANIC Cotton Puff Size L (120pc): Health & Personal Care
However I'm getting nasty burnt tasting hits every once in a while... I'm using an eleaf lemo and i have re wicked like 5 different times today... i know juice is getting to the wick, but it seems like the only way to make the burnt taste go away is when i flood it with juice. I have tried less cotton, more cotton ..... what am i doing wrong here? Or is it just crap?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I'm not an expert but it really sounds like a wick problem. Either the material you got, or the way you made the wicks. Are you using high VG juice, I know that wicks more slowly. Have you tried other wick materials. I'm interested because I ordered a Lemo yesterday.

I just started recoiling Kanger heads. I've made half a dozen so far and I've been getting that burnt taste on some of them after a few drags. I think that was the result of making the wicks too thick, but I haven't made enough yet to know for sure.

You might get more help if you go to the coil building area or a Lemo thread.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Haven't used that cotton before, but I don't see it being the problem. Wicking/coil size may be the problem.

I would recommend a 2mm+ coil ID for the Lemo. Wick it fully, but not overly tight through the coil. A little snug is ok. Bunny ear method of wicking works well, but try to press the tails away from the liquid channel, leaving them exposed.

Also, make certain not to overfill the Lemo. It will dry hit if there isn't a small bubble left in the tube after refilling.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
Pull the top cap off, drain juice, then remove chimney and see if wicks are wet

Okay, "pulling the cap off" immediately made me picture a dripper.

I'm not a mech guy, but if I'm using steam engine correct, you are at 22watts with a .8 coil, which should work nicely with the Lemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread