Burning taste with vivi nova rebuild, is it the wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthead

Nov 7, 2012
Cuba il.
I've been rebuilding my vivi nova heads for quite some time now. Up until now I've been using a free sample of wicking material sent to me From goodprophets.com. When that ran out I ordered more from their site but the wick I bought was much tighter and smaller in diameter. Ever since I started using this new wick all my rebuilds taste burnt and I suspect it's the new wick material, does anyone have any input on this matter?

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I've been rebuilding my vivi nova heads for quite some time now. Up until now I've been using a free sample of wicking material sent to me From goodprophets.com. When that ran out I ordered more from their site but the wick I bought was much tighter and smaller in diameter. Ever since I started using this new wick all my rebuilds taste burnt and I suspect it's the new wick material, does anyone have any input on this matter?

I'm assuming it's a braided material? Have you tried unbraiding it and wrapping the coil around a group of individual strings?

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
I have notice the Vivi Nova heads with the 4 smaller wicks work much better than the big solid style wick, especially the 1.8ohm ones, which are usually about 2.1-2.2 ohms ... the 2.4 and the 2.8 are usually over 3 ohms and seem to ohm out near exact the same

I was getting dry hits all day yesterday and it was driving me nuts was changing numerous heads out, grabed one with the smaller diameter wicks turned down the volts to about 3.5 to 3.7 and let them get a good soak and wow full moist sweet flavor again all day so far

So today I ordered some .8 and .6 silica to build them in a bundle to mimic the ones I like the most ... tried some 2.5 diameter and it wasn't any good, same as the thick factory Vivi's

Seems the more these are flooded with juice the better if you like warm moist full flavor, though I can see now what people are talking about when they say they do not like Vivi's Nova's cause I went through about 5 heads yesterday and they were dry

If not really saturated and without the many smaller diameter wicks ,, its like a total different animal all together

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread