Status
Not open for further replies.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Well, been tinkerin the last few days, trying to get this Bulli to smooth out. It hits like a TRUCK, and will make me cough my guts out. This is my first rebuildable atty, but I've been vaping a long time with lots of different attys and cartos, and nothing has ever had this much TH. Im dripping on it (mega tank is otw) with the wire and wick that came delivered.

Steps I've gone through so far:

1) 1st coil: 3.1 ohms, wick that came with kit. 40/60 PG/VG DK tab mix I vape daily for 4 months now. Started at 6 volts, and worked my way down to 4 volts. Even at 4 volts, where vapor is rather wimpy, the TH will make me cough hardcore. No dual hits back to back without choking.

2) Clean everything in soap and water, then soak in everclear for a few hours. Then 15 minutes in near boiling water in Ultrasonic cleaner. Wipe down wire for all future coils with Everclear.

3) 2nd coil: 2.8 ohms, wick I stole out of fat wick Giant Failomizer. New bottle of juice that I mixed too 100% VG with brand new bottle of RTS nic. Coughin my ... off again. Hits extremely hard, albeit an insane amount of vapor that fogs the whole room. Started at 5 volts and worked all the way down too 2.5. TH was a tad bit less, but still un-chainable

4) 3rd coil: 2 (3.1 and a 3.3) Coils. Had to do it, just for grins. Worked from 3 volts all the way up to 6 at which point the room is just a cloud, and I can't see anymore. Used the 100% VG mix @ 24mg nic. Actually couldn't even breath this vape in, just blew it out my mouth.... Was fun, always wanted a dual coil atty. Wanted to see if I could kick the circuit protection in my Army tank: NOPE, passed with flying colors.

5) 4th coil: 2.7 ohms. Using ruber gloves now while building. Tried using a little 510 cartridge with filler inside like a filter. Voltage from 2 volts all the way to 5. Still hits too hard, coughing every hit. Have to vape straight into my toungue, fill mouth, then try to inhale. Still harsher then anything I have ever vaped. Tried using mod with linear regulator instead of switching, same results on both.

6) 5th coil: 3.2 ohms. Mixed new bottle of juice: 30/70 PG/vg Nicotine @12 mg. Never vaped anything this low in nicotine, but figured it was worth a shot. Throat hit was definately cut in half, it is vapeable now. vaping at 5.8 volts. Still will make me cough if I try to dual hit it back to back.

I've ordered some more wire and wick straight from Bulli to go along with that Mega tank upgrade they have. Also ordered some 400 SS mesh from the Meshcompany to try a new wick maybe.

Thing is, I'm not getting dry hits, nor that nasty burn taste. Draw is real loose, almost too Airy. Flavor is fine. I've tried covering the hole in the side, and I almost died when I inhaled that. I vape over 6ml a day, and for a year now it has been 24 mg. I keep a bottle of 40mg mixed up for those times when I just stress hardcore at work. I've vaped 100% pg juice, but the only reason I mix such high VG now is because I like the visual stimulation of mass vapor. I've vaped some nasty stuff out there long ago before I started DIY, but nothing has ever hit as hard as this does. I vaped Noalox one time on accident because I put it on the threads of my UFS: that almost knocked me out, but was similar to the TH of all my coils so far on the Bulli. I thought maybe it had some Noalox on is someplace, thats why I spent hours cleaning every component.

I've tried it on: Provari, VV army tank Linear, VV army Tank Switching, Monkeybox VV, Lil Sis VV, Darwin. Its performing the same across the board.

Anyone else run into this? Anyone with tons of experience comparing to all the other attys on the market? Am I the only one trying to vape 24mg on it? The 12mg stuff is vapeable, but the psychological impact of vaping something this low is making me freak out.

eyebrook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2011
England now Spain
A2 coil position.jpg Are you putting the coil on the right side of the posts

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I didn't know there was a right and wrong side? Is that to do with how it aligns with the air hole?

I'm new to the A2 but I think it makes a difference how closely spaced the coils are. I like stronger hits and I've found it seems stronger with the coil wrapped with little space between each wrap. One like the photo above with lots of space between each coil (compared to how I've been doing them) seemed to result in a much milder vapour. Don't take as gospel like I said, I'm quite new to this, but that's how it seemed to me.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Seems like the coils just need to get "Broke In", been vaping some 8mg on the coil for a few hours, and TH is coming down pretty quick as the coil gunks up. Can actually do some 24mg drops every once in a while now. Maybe I'm just so used to vaping junk attys, haha.

Will definately try some more wraps if I get some smaller wire in soon. As it is right now, I'm doin 7 wraps. Close as I can get them together, but gets tricky to kinda pry them apart when they are close and touching.

Thanks for the tips everyone, keep them coming !! Really enjoying these rebuildables, and no more great mods to buy anyways. Nice money sink into these things instead 8)

I've got a stack of repairable attys myself, all the Bullis from the A1 to the Mega A2-T, iAtty etc etc... one thing I have found is that I always preferred the A2 for the throat hit. Sure, the draw can be a little airy, and very deceptive as you don't always feel like you're getting anything... and then bham, the throat hit gets you... Since I started using repairables I've noticed that I've had to step down the strength of my mixes. I have tried 36 and 24Mg juices and they're mostly unvapeable, especially as, like yourself I like to crank up the voltage a bit.

I mostly vape 18Mg now, only have a couple of 12Mg juices which I don't use much... and vape around 10ml a day (chain vaper when not at my desk)... so I would say that your experiences aren't uncommon at all... if you mix your own juice, just go for a lower nic, and enjoy the fact that you're saving money on Nic too! :)

I'd also experiment with different wire/wick combinations too... wick especially because not all wick is the same. I'm using some wick at the moment that doesn't char or give you a burnt taste when you start getting dry hits and need to top up. Sadly not something you can buy online as it's an old weaving mill that produces it near where I work, but it really is quality stuff, and because it's 3mm braided, made out of 7 1mm threads braided to a 3mm diameter... 1 meter of it is like getting 7 meters of wick, lasts forever (well almost)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread