• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Brick and Mortar in Toronto?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyvrod

Jul 25, 2013
Canada
Hi there! I've searched around and have found very little to support any evidence that there are brick and mortar stores in the GTA that sell vapes. I've been to canvape, and I see that they're at flea markets on the weekend, so I'll definitely be checking that out on saturday. I'm also looking forward to the trade show in a few weeks here in Toronto (e-cig cosplay anyone?!) ... but are there any other options?! My friend found a kiosk at a small mall in Ottawa that sold hardware and e-liquid ... I was wondering if there's anything like that in this fine city?

Thanks!

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA
They carry ,mostly Joytech over priced junk,you can buy the same at Fasstech for 70% cheaper.

48 new products listed on 7/27/2013 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I've heard a lot of people are getting knock-offs from Fasttech. Honestly, I'd prefer to buy local, support local business and know I'm getting genuine product even if the price is a little higher.

If you're just buying tube mods / mechs it shouldn't be an issue, but knockoffs with a built-in battery I wouldn't trust further than I can throw them. Just too risky.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Most people who buy from Fastech know they are buying knock off Joytech products,my first kit was the Ego c genuine product,$70.00 i paid,and i can tell you the ''knock off '' performs just as good if you are into small batts.I move on too Vamo and mech mods,i find the ego types just a way for beginners too get the vaping experience,sooner or later most move on too bigger batts anyway .so why spend on over priced joytech .??

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA
so why spend on over priced joytech .??

Better build quality compared to knock-offs. Not all, but most "fakes" use cheaper components, including batteries, and internal electronics. The general reason why this stuff is cheaper. They tend to cut corners without knowing what effect it may have. Sure, Joytech may have a slight premium to their pricing or margin structure, but they stand behind their products. Knock-offs do not.

I work in the electronics industry and have seen first hand what counterfeit product looks like and the quality it's built with. This stuff is junk that would never have passed the testing the fake "CE Mark" (or other safety certification) it's stamped with indicates.

Sure, sometimes the product works, but they have a much higher chance of failure than genuine product. When talking about higher tech batteries, or controlled circuitry I'll trust my money with the originals.

I know you use a mech. would you even consider putting a "no-name" battery in that device you spent a fairly substantial sum of money for knowing the inherent dangers of battery venting and explosion if that battery were to fail due to bad build quality?

Anyhow.. now I'm just rambling. Long story short, I never recommend knock-off product to people. You're ALWAYS better off buying original hardware if for nothing more than if something DOES go wrong, you have some recourse with the manufacturer.

dannyvrod

Jul 25, 2013
Canada
Thanks for the info everyone! I found a guy who runs a kinda mobile shop ... nice guy. Sold me an eRoll for out-and-about and a eGO-C (I think) for a-la-maison. The eGO-C has a cartomizer (??? still learning!) that holds a good amount of juice. Still no clue what I'm doing really ... the more I look, the more confused I get!

Signed up with canvape to get me some of that e-juice (dude supplied juicy! juice, hopefully there's better stuff out there ... although it's not bad) ... but I think I'll learn a ton from that conference coming up in August. Plan to be there fo sho.

Thanks again everyone!

PS. Day five no analogs!

d

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA
Congrats on Day 5. We do have some REALLY good juice suppliers in Canada. There's a sticky at the top of the Canada Forum where you can ask for a PM of the list if you haven't done so already. Taste is highly subjective. What one person loves you may find tastes like old laundry smells. Trial and error with sample packs first is your friend here.

I've heard a lot of good reviews of the eRoll for what it is (Cig-a-like battery / PCC system). I've actually thought about picking one up for things like weddings / events where having a big-batt device is a pain. I'm sure once you get used to it, you'll probably start carrying around your eGo's more regularly for the larger batteries (longer battery life).

Don't be afraid to try new stuff. You could be surprised with what you find works well for YOU. I think VapeCan will be an excellent resource to see what's out there and try out all the toys without a heavy investment.

Stick with it :)

dannyvrod

Jul 25, 2013
Canada
Congrats on Day 5. We do have some REALLY good juice suppliers in Canada. There's a sticky at the top of the Canada Forum where you can ask for a PM of the list if you haven't done so already. Taste is highly subjective. What one person loves you may find tastes like old laundry smells. Trial and error with sample packs first is your friend here.

I've heard a lot of good reviews of the eRoll for what it is (Cig-a-like battery / PCC system). I've actually thought about picking one up for things like weddings / events where having a big-batt device is a pain. I'm sure once you get used to it, you'll probably start carrying around your eGo's more regularly for the larger batteries (longer battery life).

Don't be afraid to try new stuff. You could be surprised with what you find works well for YOU. I think VapeCan will be an excellent resource to see what's out there and try out all the toys without a heavy investment.

Stick with it :)

Thanks! Got the PM ... will keep experimenting! So far the eRoll has been great, although i much prefer using the bigger eGO. Just seems to work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread