Brass Drip tip help

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2008
mars
Hey guys.. Im looking for a brass or brass colored drip tip for my astro mod.. I hear different things about brass. Some people say its not safe cause there is lead in it. Just wanted to get some feedback from anyone who uses brass drip tips.. And also if you guys knew any place that sold them for a decent price. I am looking for something simple styled.. like this for example.

http://www.vapordna.com/v/vspfiles/photos/DT0035-2T.jpg

regards

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
lead is in fact added to certain blends of brass.
several things to consider though -
there is no known proven case of toxicity from any brass, there is metal allergies but no known cases of lead exposure beyond the MSDS warnings for people involved with the manufacturing process.

many of the older instruments like horns and such have raw brass or lead coated raw brass mouthpieces and they been used for decades now.

many water fixtures in the household if not copper are in fact brass, the older the house the higher the %

i do not think there is a problem with brass DT's i own a few of them, there is always a chance you have an allergy related to the metal but again this isnt the same as poisoning.

it will ultimately come down to how safe you think it is.
but remember there is no adult exposure limits set by the FDA, only children, as it disrupts the development of certain areas of the brain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread