Brand new

Status
Not open for further replies.

vochslu

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Appleton Area WI
OK, so I'm sure this is a post you've seen a thousand times. I been vaping quite awhile now. I recently switched to dripping dual coil rebuild-able atomizers and I'm not looking back now. Now that I've been almost doubling my juice intake I've dropped from the 18mg juice to the 4-6mg juice so I look at that as a plus but it probably all evens out somewhere down the road. I've been doing nothing but reading and watching videos and I just had my first order shipped out for DIY supplies. I just picked out a bunch of flavors that sounded good or that I read about. I didn't really have any certain "1st juice," in mind. I have recently fallen in love with Jon Wayne juice by Uncle Junk. I've been spending so much on it over the last couple weeks I should have just kept smoking analogs! Anyway, here is my list and I'd rather just use what I already have on the way than take suggestions on buying more ..... Can anyone tell me a nice easy mix to start out with using the supplies I already have coming?

Items Ordered:Price:Status:
1 of : 10 ml Caramel Cappuccino Flavor (TFA)
$3.00Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Chocolate Flavor (TFA)
$2.75Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Coffee (Kona) Flavor (TFA)
$2.75Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Crème de Menthe Flavor (TFA)
$2.75Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Cranberry Flavor (TFA)
$2.75Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Kiwi Flavor (TFA)
$2.75Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Mango Flavor (TFA)
$2.75Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Maple Syrup Flavor (TFA)
$2.75Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Measuring Cylinder - Borosilicate Glass
$5.49Shipped
1 of : 10 ml RY4 Type Flavor (TFA)
$2.75Shipped
2 of : 10 ml Smooth Flavor (TFA)
$5.30Shipped
3 of : 10 ml Strawberries & Cream (TFA)
$8.55Shipped
3 of : 10 ml Strawberry Flavor (TFA)
$8.25Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Tutti-Frutti Flavor (TFA)
$2.89Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
$2.75Shipped
1 of : 10 ml Watermelon Flavor (TFA)
$2.89Shipped
1 of : 10cc Luer Slip Syringe w/ cap
$0.73Shipped
1 of : 120 ml of 100 mg Flavorless Nicotine Liquid - Propylene Glycol
$24.95Shipped
1 of : 120 ml of USP Kosher Certified Propylene Glycol
$5.75Shipped
5 of : 15 ml LDPE Cylinder Bottle With Childproof Cap
$2.70Shipped
1 of : 16ga x 1½" Blunt Tip Needle - Purple Base
$0.99Shipped
1 of : 1cc Luer Slip Syringe w/ cap
$0.50Shipped
1 of : 25 ml Low Beaker - Borosilicate Glass
$1.29Shipped
1 of : 30 ml Bitter Wizard Flavor (FA)
$10.25Shipped
1 of : 30 ml LDPE Cylinder Bottle With Childproof Cap
$0.69Shipped
10 of : 5 ml LDPE Cylinder Bottle With Childproof Cap
$3.90Shipped
1 of : 50 mm Funnel - Borosilicate Glass
$3.10Shipped
1 of : 50 Pack of 3 ml Dropette Disposable Transfer Pipettes
$6.50Shipped
1 of : 500 ml USP Kosher Certified Vegetable Glycerin
$13.50Shipped

Also, I started reading a lot on steeping. I'm going to pick up a UC sometime within the near future but in the meantime I seen a video of a guy using some sort of whizzer thing, I haven't seen a lot of talk about it on the forums. Is this something else that can be used well to steep? I have some beaters and I could probably jimmy rig something up...

Any ideas with what I have coming would be much appreciated. I'd like to make at least 1 juice that I can start vaping right away that isn't too terrible lol!

Thanks!!

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
You need to determine the base you want to vape 75pg/25vg 50/50 75vg/25pg etc.. and MG strength your going to vape 6mg, 12mg,18mg,24mg etc.. then I would suggest trying single flavor mixes before you get into the more complicated combination mixes. You need to take baby steps and work your way up to the more complicated mixes.

That whosher you speak of sounds like a milk frother that a lot of people are trying. My opinion on that is that it adds unnessessary air into the mix which rapidly oxidizes the NIC which is something you really don't want to do to a mix.

Here's a little more recommended reading I think that you should look at. there's also a blog on steeping that will answer those questions you have on the subject.

Read my "how-to" blogs before getting started

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

then read hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:

vochslu

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Appleton Area WI
You need to determine the base you want to vape 75pg/25vg 50/50 75vg/25pg etc.. and MG strength your going to vape 6mg, 12mg,18mg,24mg etc.. then I would suggest trying single flavor mixes before you get into the more complicated combination mixes. You need to take baby steps and work your way up to the more complicated mixes.

That whosher you speak of sounds like a milk frother that a lot of people are trying. My opinion on that is that it adds unnessessary air into the mix which rapidly oxidizes the NIC which is something you really don't want to do to a mix.

Here's a little more recommended reading I think that you should look at. there's also a blog on steeping that will answer those questions you have on the subject.

I'm thinking 6mg nic. I have pg nic and pg flavors, I don't plan on adding anymore pg to the mix. I want as much vg mix as I can make with what I have. I'm assuming it will be around 80/20.

Thanks for the links I'll check them out! I'll take your advice on using 1 flavor at a time to start off. It should be here Thursday! So excited!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
I'm thinking 6mg nic. I have pg nic and pg flavors, I don't plan on adding anymore pg to the mix. I want as much vg mix as I can make with what I have. I'm assuming it will be around 80/20.

I would like to make a small suggestion for the next time you order NIC. You need to take into consideration the VG to PG concentration of your final mix. Although a 6mg 20pg/80vg is very doable at a 6mg final NIC concentration. It may not be possible at higher nicotine MG concentrations and factoring in the amount of PG based flavoring needed, you will start getting into negative PG amounts required for mix down at lets say 18mg or 24mg.
So you need to take this into consideration when ordering NIC. So a guide line would be as follows.

If your mix is 20PG/80VG order your nic in VG
If your mix is 80PG/20VG order your nic in PG
If your mix is 50PG/50VG then it does not matter which one you order.

Last edited:

souljasam

Mar 26, 2014
usa

So i want to get into diy soon. Do you think the frother actually accelerates the steeping? I plan to make 0nic juice so would using the frother have amy ill affects on the juice? I have a stick blender, would that work the same as the milk frother?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vochslu

Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
Appleton Area WI
I would like to make a small suggestion for the next time you order NIC. You need to take into consideration the VG to PG concentration of your final mix. Although a 6mg 20pg/80vg is very doable at a 6mg final NIC concentration. It may not be possible at higher nicotine MG concentrations and factoring in the amount of PG based flavoring needed, you will start getting into negative PG amounts required for mix down at lets say 18mg or 24mg.
So you need to take this into consideration when ordering NIC. So a guide line would be as follows.

If your mix is 20PG/80VG order your nic in VG
If your mix is 80PG/20VG order your nic in PG
If your mix is 50PG/50VG then it does not matter which one you order.

Then I did perfect for what I want to mix! At least on the nic side.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
So i want to get into diy soon. Do you think the frother actually accelerates the steeping? I plan to make 0nic juice so would using the frother have amy ill affects on the juice? I have a stick blender, would that work the same as the milk frother?

you missed the point.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Then I did perfect for what I want to mix! At least on the nic side.

For the mean time at your target 6mg your fine but if you raise your NIC content to say anything above 14mg taking into concideration the flavor which also has PG in it, you may run into the issue I spoke of earlier.

You may not be able to meet the mix down requirements at higher nicotine MG concentrations and factoring in the amount of PG based flavoring needed, you will start getting into negative PG amounts (The PG in the NIC alone may be to much) as required for proper mix down at lets say 14mg or higher.

Last edited:

souljasam

Mar 26, 2014
usa
you missed the point.

Yeah i know. I will be making 0mg nic juice. So the oxidizing doesnt matter. Also stick blenders if used correctly incorporate little to no air into the mix. Though to use a stick blender you either need a slim container or a lot of liquide.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Yeah i know. I will be making 0mg nic juice. So the oxidizing doesnt matter. Also stick blenders if used correctly incorporate little to no air into the mix. Though to use a stick blender you either need a slim container or a lot of liquide.

If your using no NIC then you will be fine.

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
Why not just mix up the juice before adding the nic concentration?

It will change the flavor and mix ratios, and it's hard enough to tweak recipes without the "added" confusion.

Heat works better than shaking, if you're impatient, (Check out the threads on crock pots/slow cookers).

Time steeping is easiest though IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread