Boycott SOPA-Store Closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
Today, BreezEsmokes is joining the virtual strike against Internet censorship – along with others like Wikipedia and Google and thousands of other sites to raise awareness of US Congress legislation that could fundamentally alter the Internet we know and love.

This harmful legislation, called the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House and the PROTECT IP Act (PIPA) in the Senate, will be voted on as early as January 24th in the Senate.

If you live in the US, there's still time to help stop these bills from becoming law. Please visit Sopa Boycott for information on the bill, and on ways you can reach out to your senators.

What makes this legislation so bad? Here's how it would change the Web:
  • Communication platforms – from YouTube to Facebook to Amazon – could be shut down if a single rights holder alleges a violation.
  • It would make the Web less stable and less secure.
  • Social networking sites, like Twitter or Facebook, could be forced to track and control user behavior, stunting innovation and undermining free expression.
  • Your Internet provider could be required to inspect all of your traffic and browsing.

S
orry for any inconvenience. We are standing up to our right of freedom.

Will re-open late tonight or in the morning.

Don

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
Sorry guys, Sometimes you have to stand up against congress and let them know how you feel. We are becoming more like a communist country where every day they take away another freedom. We will be the first to oppose it.

Today, it is not about money or sales. It is about being pushed around by your government and getting away with it.

Sorry for any inconvenience again!

Don

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Hell Ya, and same with how our Govt handles overseas oil, if we all only bought gas on ONLY Monday's & Thur's every week and we took demand way down believe me the price would drop to a buc a gallon, The people of the United States all need to stick together and not let this horrible Gov't we now have in office ruin the United States of America, I'm standing up and voicing my opinion, I hope everyone else does the same dammit.

butterbean03

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Central Texas USA
FYI: Under SOPA, you could get 5 years for downloading a Michael Jackson song. One year more than the doctor who killed him.

That is why we are fighting so hard to get the government to leave the internet alone. I don't personally do this, but it would have affected us in many other ways as in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread