Bought myself an e-cig and so naturally I registered here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Have a look at here Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510. For the same money you spent on
the fuma you have now, you can get a whole kit shipped to you. These Riva 510 has 2 750 mah batteries, plus atties, etc. These batteries will last all day without any worries.....this would probably be the best kit for the $ right now imo.
Let us know what you think.
:)
sas

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
24mg is the strength of nic in the juice....so you can have a 10ml of juice with 8mg, 12mg, 18,mg etc. Same amt of juice, just the nic content changes. Now if 24mg is higher than you normally use, you would take fewer hits to satisy the craving, therefore the juice would last longer. But, if you are not careful you could get naseau, headaches , etc.
Hope that helps.
:)
sas

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
My experience thus far is that vaping could very well replace smoking for me quite easily, but cost, availability and a lack of knowledge on the subject prevent me from maximizing the practicality of using an e-cig.

Cost and knowledge wise we can help you. Most of us have learned to keep backups for everything though. Availability does remain an issue. If my last atty dies, I can't run down to the store to get another one.

The complaints I have about the FUMA e-cig I'm using now....
Battery life is horrible. Only about 2.5 hours. I need the battery to last all day, or have multiple batteries. I can't be hassled with a dead battery all the time while I'm out.

I'll say straight up that I think cigarette sized batteries are a fail. However, some people insist the inconvenience is worth it. There are 3 possible solutions for this problem on the go.

Carry a bunch of batteries as you mentioned.
Get a PCC (Personal Charging Case). This is a case that has a rechargeable battery. You put a spent PV battery in it and it recharges it. I have no idea whether you could get one for your kit.
Move up to a big bat like an eGo or Riva. That's what I recommend.

Carts DO NOT last as long as the stated pack-per-cart would suggest. More like 5 cigs per cart. Wouldn't be so bad if they were refillable, but the ones I'm using are not. At the rate these FUMA packs are going, it's like paying $15 per pack of cigs.....and about 10-15 recharges during all that. It works nice and presents the illusion of hitting an analog well, but is very inefficient.

I'm shocked!!! An e-cig vendor lied about how long the cartos would last??? :)
You can do better.

I need to get into a brand that has better battery life (I don't care if it looks like a cig or not) and refillable tips. As for flavor, roughly cigarette-like flavor (at least something sort of close) would be preferable to candy/fruit flavors.

The eGo and Riva have already been mentioned. I'll mention the e-power which really is a 3.7V device and it uses generic batteries which are much easier to replace. All of those will give you a lot better battery life. Nothing tastes quite like burning tobacco except burning tobacco I'm afraid. There are approximations. Some are better than others.

Unfortunately, my situation is such that I have to go back to roll-your-own cigs for a bit. I'm going to explore this site in more detail once I get to a point where I can support my vaping more efficiently. It's just not financially viable for me at this moment. Until I can collect up all the sites for the cheapest supplies, and information I need to vape as a complete replacement to smoking, vaping will just be relegated to novelty status for the time being. I'm going to use the couple of tips I still have left to see what some of my friends think about it...maybe get them into vaping too. But I need to investigate the cheapest way to do it. I KNOW this site will be integral to that venture, it's just going to have to wait (and be investigated) a bit more.

Best of luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

LadyPhoenix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Easton, PA
Well I didn't roll my own but was a pack a day smoker. In Pennsylvania that means $6.20/per pack per day = $43.40 WEEK

I use a KR808 battery, blank cartomizers, and 18-24mg juice. So here's some dirty math. A 5-pack of cartomizers costs $8.95. So that's $1.79 per carto. For the sake of this discussion, let's use the sample juice I ordered recently. It was a 5-pack of 3ml samples for $12.00 so that's $2.4 per sample. In one week's time I use ONE cartomizer and ONE 3ml bottle of ejuice. (Keep in mind I vape less now than I did when I first gave up analogs)

1 Week of Analogs = $43.40
1 Week of Vaping = $ 4.30

1 Month of Analogs = $173 (pack a day roughly)
1 Month of Vaping = 5-pack of cartomizers $ 8.95
12-15ml of e juice $12.00
1 KR808 Battery $17.50
S&H $ 6.95
TOTAL $45.40

Savings Monthly: $125 (give or take)

Even if I go through more cartomizers and juice or order from 2 suppliers that month, I am saving a lot more using e-cigs than smoking analogs. But, of course, your mileage may vary. I suggest you buy the larger quantity juices and fill your own though for more savings.

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
I did the math a while back & it works out to something like $45/month for me too... vaping 3ml per day at 25mg. I mix my own liquid (DIY), and my juice runs me about 25 cents per ml. Figure $25 for juice & $9 for 5 cartos in a month's time. Add in $11 for battery replacements, parts, and "misc."... and there ya go.

American Spirits, at $5.69 per pack, 1.5 packs per day = $256 a month.
Vaping = $45.

My monthly saving are over two hundred bucks, and I'm not poisoning myself

Tastes Great, Less Killing.... :)

blksun813

May 5, 2011
Ohio
Hey, Rayder. I also am new to the world of vaping. And I also started with Fuma (sort-of liked the fact they are from Medina, OH). Looks like they are a KR808D-2. If you look at the USB charger it actually says 808D-3 on it... I bought a KR808D-1 to 510 adaptor, a KR808D-1 battery and some 510 cartos. I can tell you that the only thing that fits on the Fuma battery are the Fuma cartos... However, you can refill them.
I've only tried 1 flavor of Juice, so I can't tell you what tates good, but if you take a push-pin or something, you can pop the end off the Fuma cartos and refill them.

Rayder

Apr 14, 2011
Ohio, USA
Man! I'll tell ya, this happens EVERY TIME. As soon as I even think about trying to quit smoking, I end up smoking even more cigarettes. I'm up to nearly 2 packs a day now. What's up with that? I really wish I could just forget about them altogether. I guess my problem is that I'm a high-strung person and when I try to quit, I become almost hyper, practically jumping out of my skin. Speaking of skin, I have some weird skin condition to where when I get highly aggravated, I break out in a rash or get welts or hives easily. I've lost jobs because of it before. For whatever reason, Claritin seems to have eliminated that problem for the most part. I only discovered that Claritin works about 12 years ago. A dermatologist said I have overactive histamines....guess that's why I never get sick, but it certainly doesn't help to quit smoking.

Speaking of jobs, I still haven't found one. Dozens upon dozen upon dozens of apps filled out and no one calls...sigh. If I could just get my foot in the door, they would find out that I'm a better worker than 99% of their current workforce. I always am. Part of my being a high-strung person I guess. I may have to check my own background to see if my younger brother's certified psycho-wife is up to her tricks again. She's done it before. I'm wondering if these places I've applied to do a background check and see something (that SHE did) in my name, attached to my background checks. I know my brother had to answer a bunch of questions relating to her when he tried to order something online from a specific place a couple of months ago. We don't even let that nut near our house because of stuff like that. But I digress into personal matters.

One thing I don't understand is why don't cigarette stores ever carry any vaping stuff besides that ripoff Fuma deal? It's still essentially the same thing as cigarettes, just a lot safer, you know? They'd make a killing if they carried some of the refillable kinds of vaping goodies. You'd think a place who's whole business is smoking would carry vaping supplies as a matter of course. Seems like a huge missed opportunity on their part. It would be a lot easier for me to get into vaping if I could just go somewhere local and get the stuff I need.

I'm not sure what level of nicotine I want to start with for vaping. The Fuma deal I have will make me feel sick if I hit it as many times as a real cig, so it's obviously of higher strength than I need. In real cigs, I smoke roll-your-own. I buy the Gambler Pipe tobacco in the mellow variety. Their full flavor one would choke anyone to death. Even though it says it's pipe tobacco, it doesn't have any cigar-like smell or anything, it just tastes like normal cigarettes, but it's the least expensive tobacco I can find. And I mean like almost half the price of other roll-your-own varieties. I'm to a point with smoking where taste doesn't really matter that much anymore, just as long as it satisfies my craving. And it's the drag on the cig that I miss when trying to quit. That's where vaping comes in. But lack of funds and local availability is preventing me from getting started with vaping.

Good to know those Fuma carts can be refilled. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread