Bought a new Nitecore i4 last week. Dead already

Status
Not open for further replies.

F.O.Bean

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Washington, PA
Yep, bought a new nite core i4 intellicharger one week ago, and I went to charge batteries last nite, BAM, failed! I would pop in a dead 18650 and 18350 battery and all three bars were lit up constantly! Now I've been into higher end live audio recording for 20 years, so I know my way around batteries and chargers, but this struck me as weird. I called my supplier and he's going to replace it free of charge. Just to see what was up, I popped in an energizer 2300mah NIMH battery, and all the lights would blink, which means a FAIL!

anyone else had these issues? my supplier said he's never had that happen before and he's been using a couple of them a lot on a daily basis. Which means that my new one I'm getting tomorrow SHOULD last this time ;)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I used to think these chargers were not that great. In the meantime I've read on the flashlight forums about Xtar and Pila chargers giving people grief sometimes too. I've been using a Xtar WP2 for over a year and a half and the transformer died last year.

My opinion now is all of them can and do sometimes fail. I think your new one is going to be great for you.

I do not however charge batteries when I'm sleeping or not at home. I also charge either right beside me (which I'm doing right now) or on the stove top in the kitchen if I'm not in the computer room. That location is surrounded by metal and tile and is pretty fire proof.

DPLongo22

"Vert De Ferk"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Mine was short lived too (less than two months). I got it because I was tired of using the spacers in my two XTAR 6's, that have been with me for close to two years (and used pretty-much daily). I'm sure that I just jinxed at least ONE of them, but I've certainly got my money's worth out of them, so I'll keep using those stupid spacers until the dang things die.

Anybody want a slightly used NiteCore i4? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread