Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Sorry my internet at home went out. I think I have found a way (Since I only make 2.2ohm coils).

When I set it to zero, I measured 20 "Factory" 2.2 ohm coils and they all set on my meter ar around .5 ohm +/- 2. So what I did was I made a coil and measured it to read around .5ohm (On the meter) so I know its at 2.2 ohm.

Will this method be sufficient?

I wonder if maybe you are reading the wrong scale on the meter or something; those analog meters have different markings on them and you use a different set depending on what you are measuring.

The volts starts on the left at zero, but the ohms starts on the right at zero. So measureing ohms might seems kind of counter intuitive because it starts at 0 on the right , but the needle actually starts from the left and moves to the right when you use it.

So when you measure ohms with an analog meter, the needle is starting at HIGH ohms, and moving downwards to zero.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Im going to buy a better multimeter in the future, But right now im strapped for cash and I need to catch back up. Until then I guess this will suffice

I don't think you're going have any problems doing this. It's not like you're trying to make 0.5 ohm coils and at 0.3 ohms your battery will vent.

Vape on :thumb:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Every analog meter I've ever used had a zero knob for adjust the meter reading to zero for various scales. That allows you to offset the meter lead reading to zero while touching the leads together. I miss that on non-auto-zeroing digitals.

My Simpson digital and the Fluke 87 I used at work both auto-zero. Your don't get that in the low cost models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread