Bottom fed cyclone users check this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
Okay so recently acquired a cyclone bottom feeder and I have to say that I love it and its awesome! Only drawback was the fact that it couldn't compete with the draining ability of the rm2. With the rm2 I could blindly squonk and have no issues with it draining or leaking. Once I swapped out the rm2 for the cyclone as my daily driver this was not the case. I basically had to relearn how to squonk without flooding the chamber and covering myself with juice. I finally figured it out it was vaping heaven!

And then.....

Today I managed to squonk too hard again and juice got all over my hand and shirt :mad:. I thought about drilling a lower deck hole like sXd did but I don't have the tools nor the precision to do so. So instead I decided to try and find a new way of placing my wick to help with the drainage from the stock hole and this is what I came up with:

I used a little longer wick and wrapped it around the posts and made a little area where the 2 ends touch. The piece of wick on the left side sits right below the feed hole. With the wicks positioned like this it creates a little pool on top of and in that little area. Once I let go of the bottle it drains that little pool and the deck is nearly dry and the wick is saturated. I've been vaping it for almost an hour now and every squonk I can hear the draining noise just like I could with my rm2! This will definitely making vaping and driving quite a bit easier!

I didn't reinvent the wheel or anything but I thought I would share! Happy vaping REOnauts!:vapor:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Ol' Supecross drifter has cyclones with lower holes drilled but he didn't drill em :). I know that for a fact cause the RBAs aren't all hacked up and butchered like they would be if he drilled :)

It does work fan-freakin-tastico with the lower hole, trust me. It drains as well as any RBA I've ever used.

But the standard BF cyclone ain't no slouch either.

The long tails do capture juice and hold it but they don't necessarily transport it to the wick until after they cook it some but your idea seems to eliminate that. Great work hoss :)

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
I managed to get it to wick pretty well surprisingly. I was able to vape the wick almost completely dry before having to squonk again. The tails on the ends are very loose so I think that contributes!

An i feel you on the drilling! I can open up top cap holes and that is the extent of my drilling!

reoluvr

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Nc
Ill try that. where did you get those post screws?
Okay so recently acquired a cyclone bottom feeder and I have to say that I love it and its awesome! Only drawback was the fact that it couldn't compete with the draining ability of the rm2. With the rm2 I could blindly squonk and have no issues with it draining or leaking. Once I swapped out the rm2 for the cyclone as my daily driver this was not the case. I basically had to relearn how to squonk without flooding the chamber and covering myself with juice. I finally figured it out it was vaping heaven!

And then.....

Today I managed to squonk too hard again and juice got all over my hand and shirt :mad:. I thought about drilling a lower deck hole like sXd did but I don't have the tools nor the precision to do so. So instead I decided to try and find a new way of placing my wick to help with the drainage from the stock hole and this is what I came up with:

I used a little longer wick and wrapped it around the posts and made a little area where the 2 ends touch. The piece of wick on the left side sits right below the feed hole. With the wicks positioned like this it creates a little pool on top of and in that little area. Once I let go of the bottle it drains that little pool and the deck is nearly dry and the wick is saturated. I've been vaping it for almost an hour now and every squonk I can hear the draining noise just like I could with my rm2! This will definitely making vaping and driving quite a bit easier!

I didn't reinvent the wheel or anything but I thought I would share! Happy vaping REOnauts!:vapor:

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
If I had the tools I would definitely be trying to modify my cyclone for a lower hole. Seems like it would be easy enough if you can remove the positive post and had a drill press with some tiny bits. I would probably mess something up though. Im also in the market for an LP grand. Already have a TRA so I'm pushing towards the black wrinkle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread