Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Okay, this will be both my first Super-T PV and first bottom button device. How did your transition to using a bottom button go for all of you Precise owners? Do you use your pinkie, the palm of your hand? I went from a KGO to a Saber Touch and it was not too much of a difference. I just got a little Natural mech PV with lower side GG like button and its taking some getting used to.

Did all of you get used to the bottom switch? I need to change my style of holding/ firing.

Trick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Round Rock, Texas, United States
I generally dislike bottom buttons. On most mods, being at the bottom means you press them at an angle other than straight down (particularly on longer mods), making them either uncomfortable for me to use, or prone to not firing. It's even worse if they're too stiff, because it's not always easy getting leverage on a bottom-mounted button.

Part of it's probably that I have smallish hands (but big feet... go figure). I ended up selling off my Zenesis because I hated the button, and my iHybrid for the same reason (though I had several other reasons I disliked the iHybrid).

That said, Precise builds some good stuff, and I've got high hopes this one's got a button that changes my mind.

tybs_4045

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I prefer a bottom button mod...As long as its made well. when its sloppy you get inconsistent firing and sometimes missfires. Never had that problem with my Precise. It did take some time getting used to it.... But now thats what i enjoy the most.

I enjoy my precise a lot. I switched out the spring for a stiffer one because it allows me to lock it easier because it doesnt spin so easily.

I use my pinky but the part closer to my hand not the tip of the finger. Very comfortable and never have to look for the button is a huge plus for me.

VapRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2011
FL
I also use different fingers depending on the mod I am using. It is very confy for me to use the bottom button.
With the kick I get of course no fiering because of the batt level and then I push like crazy until I realise that it wont help :oops:
I can say I like the bottom button very much but there are of course others who just do not for whatever reason.

CPT.SPALDING

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
WINNIPEG,MB.CANADA
Cool, the only negative thing Ive ever heard about Precise devices were the bottom button and of course the fact that they dont stand up well. Other than that Im so anxious to get mine.

It should only take a few minutes to get used to the bottom switch and mine stands up perfectly.

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
That sounds cool that they are going to be offering the flat button. I just dont think I need all that extra power. Im perfectly happy at 8.5 watts. I like my vape at a rather cool temp and the reg Kick is more than enough for me. I wonder if the flat bottom cap will work even if I dont use the DNA?

Yeah, it'll just be a...cap! The DNA20D module will have its own fire button, thus we'd have to remove the bottom switch.

Zeybrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Ft. Gibson
My first ever Ecig/mod was a 6v Prodigy v3 from pure smoker... It wasn't that bottom button that I had to learn to use, it was that untamed 6 volt power... lol

Since then it has been side button mods like the provari. So this will be a nice return to normalcy when the ELA comes in.

Bottom button mods are awesome in my book.

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
My first ever Ecig/mod was a 6v Prodigy v3 from pure smoker... It wasn't that bottom button that I had to learn to use, it was that untamed 6 volt power... lol

Since then it has been side button mods like the provari. So this will be a nice return to normalcy when the ELA comes in.

Bottom button mods are awesome in my book.

About once a month I pick my Provari up for some "pity vapage" ( my daily vape is on a P+) and I press that bottom like there's no tomorrow. Couple seconds go by before the "Ah !" moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread