Not open for further replies.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
My review of the Boge Technology “LEO” Pass Through model
When I received my first Leo and did the review on ECF many asked if it was Pass Through capable. Though it may seem to work as such, I was told by Boge it was not meant for use while charging. Through many emails back and forth with Boge, they finally came out with the all new Leo Pass Through version.

I ordered mine in the cigar color and I gotta say it's pretty sweet looking. Same size, shape and color, my only issue with the pass through version would be mixing it up with the regular Leo. I'm thinking maybe Boge should mark the pass through version somehow. Maybe print a "PT" on the end by the USB connector. The voltage on the Leo PT is 3.5v under load, according to Boge R&D team. This is a slight boost from the standard Leo which is 3.3v under load. Some of you may notice this review is very similar to my other standard Leo review, and in fact it is. Since this pass through version is the standard Leo but with pass through capabilities, the differences are only slight.

Factory Specs:
Measurements: 15mm x 153mm
Full charged for puffs: 1200 Puffs
Battery capacity: 800 mAh
Charge time: 3-4h
Input voltage: 5V
Working voltage: 3.7V (3.5 under load)
Crystal: orange, blue, white, pink, red
“LEO” Color available: Cherry red, wood, cigar, black, titanium
5 cartridge: 1500 Puffs approximately Equal to 6 packs real filter cigarettes (300 puffs each)

Basic Starter kit includes:
1 battery 800mAh (2 battery sets available also)
1 Atomizer
1 atomizer/cartridge protective cover with crystal
5 cartridges prefilled
1 USB mini cable for charging
1 user manual

First Impressions:
Again the box was nicely packaged, just as the standard Leo. It comes in a nice velvet like packaging with the cartridges individually stored underneath in small plastic vials made to look like wood grain. I’ve grown quite accustomed to using the standard Leo so using the PT version was no different. Even when plugged in with the thin USB cable it is easy to hold and use with two fingers. The cable is about 3.5-4 feet long (sorry, don’t have a tape measure handy) and provides good enough distance to use with my laptop, or via USB hub sitting on my end table.

Battery:
The 800mAh battery is the same as the standard Leo, though now a protected circuitry is used. The pass through version allows me steady all day vaping, even while plugged into a USB port. The cigar pattern on the battery is really rather nifty. I actually like it a lot, though I was reluctant via the pictures.

Atomizer:
The atomizer is the same proprietary atomizer used in the standard Leo. The whole cone shape of the Leo is the atomizer. It is not a separate cone. It screws into the battery with a rather large fitting and thread. The actual bridge inside is huge. The atomizer has a gold tone to it accenting the unit nicely and matching the end caps with the clear crystals.

Cartridge:
The pass through version uses the same 302 cartridge and holds about 1.3ml of juice (about 300 puffs). I’ve tried both the soft tip and the hard tip and found the hard tip provides just a tad more air flow. Refilling the 302 cartridge holds about 25-28 drops. One cartridge lasts me half a day of almost constant vaping. The soft flat tip has a slightly harder draw than round tips I’ve used on other units, but that varies with the amount of juice loaded into the polyfill. The hard tips, as mentioned, don’t seem to hug the atomizer opening as well as the soft tip carts, and therefore I believe allow just a little more air to come into the atty. This is subjective, mind you.

Charger:
The charger is a mini USB to standard USB cable. It has a nice long cord close to 4 foot in length. The charger cable’s mini USB plugs right into the bottom of the Leo battery. The port is hidden by the end crystal cap which unscrews to reveal the port.

Vaping:
I charged the battery up to full before using the first time. I used the hard tips this time and as I mentioned earlier found the draw a bit more relaxed. Like the standard Leo, the vapor was average the first few draws, but soon turned to thick clouds that filled the room. The flavor was still outstanding from this atomizer/cartridge combo. Vaping this time my choices of RY4 and Green Tea, I was in heaven. The [FONT="]TH[/FONT] is the same as the standard Leo, and IMHO, a perfect throat hit. Not too hot, not to cool

[B]Summary:[/B]
The people spoke out when the Leo came out, asking for a pass through. Well here it is, in all its glory. Just like the first Leo, the pass through version will still knock your socks off.

[B]Ratings[/B]
[I]Kit Contents: 10/10[/I] Seems to be everything you need to get rid of all your other PVs
[I]Battery Life: 9/10[/I] There are higher mAh batteries out there, but this is a solid work horse
[I]Looks: 9/10[/I] I’ve gotten used to the crystal on the end and the cigar coloring is very nice.
[I]Quality: 10/10[/I] Well crafted, durable and the best [FONT="]PV[/FONT] in its class.
Flavor/VP/[FONT="]TH[/FONT]: 10/10[/I] I’d rate this one higher if I could. Maximum flavor, Vapor and [FONT="]TH[/FONT].
Customer Service: 10/10 The folks at Boge are great. Ask for George, Lynn or Eunice.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Vapor Junction's Leo battery is the PT version. They currently have the best price on the kit: $45. And, yes, Vapin' in the Cape's is the PT version. Vapin' in the Cape may provide the overall best bang for the buck: $50 for a kit including PT-capable battery and hard shell carrying case (sold elsewhere separately for $13). For replacement atomizers (gold color, $10), Vapor Junction's 3 month warranty is hard to resist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread