Blu Disposable Ecig

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyattDerp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
This evening I decided for whatever reason to purchase a Blu disposable from my local Walgreens for kicks. It was only $7.99 so I get home, ripped open the package and began to vape. I purchased the menthol flavor disposable and I have to say, this ecig is not that great. I'll admit it is far better than some juices I've tasted in the past (especially in the good old days when China was the only place to get one of eBay and they cost $89.99 and your firstborn for just the kit), BUT it is far from awesome. I proceeded to then grab my eGo with my Bounty Hunter juice and thank my lucky stars that all the hours of reading reviews and my personal trials and errors have led me to enjoy vaping so much more. The disposable is not bad if you've never vaped before so I commend both Walgreens and Blu for getting the product out there, especially for the price, but I hope it doesn't deter anyone from making a switch due the flavor alone. I've come to realize also that I have a major Brokebackian relationship with Bounty Hunter liquid in the sense that I just can't quit it. Well, good night everyone, Derp loves you.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I was speaking to someone in my Doctor's office about quitting with e-cigs and she mentioned that her brother had tried Blu and "didn't have much success with it." I gave her my usual card with URL's to ecf etc. but even with explaining that there are much better options out there she didn't seem optimistic. It's a shame if a mediocre product does turn someone off enough to not want to try the real deal. I do hope he looks at ecf and tries again.

WyattDerp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

WyattDerp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
At least the price makes it a choice for emergency use. I'd probably op for the non menthol flavor tho.

You make a good point. I did partially get in just in case I forget my PV or something to keep in the car/diaper bag for emergencies. Running around after two kids all day can make you forget a lot lol.

mylose64

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Savannah, GA
I was speaking to someone in my Doctor's office about quitting with e-cigs and she mentioned that her brother had tried Blu and "didn't have much success with it." I gave her my usual card with URL's to ecf etc. but even with explaining that there are much better options out there she didn't seem optimistic. It's a shame if a mediocre product does turn someone off enough to not want to try the real deal. I do hope he looks at ecf and tries again.

When I talk to people who have used e-cigs they ALWAYS say "It doesn't work"

I shake my head and under my breath I say "damn you blu..."

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I tried a smoke51 trio like a year ago and it was hoooorrrible and then i just figured that ecigs in general sucked .I put it in a draw and never touched it again and gave up on ecigs . A few months ago i just got some random idea to look online and see if there was anything better and luckily i found ecf . After some reading i bought a riva and was like eh its cheap so i may as well try it . The fact that there was more than one flavor i could pushed more over the top to buy it and im happy i did cuz iv been vaping ever since . EVeryone i talk to say ecigs suck and thats because they buy a crap mass marketed ecig and theres like no talking to them that there is somthing better . These crap ecigs really give vaping a bad name . Someone really needs to market ego's like they do these blew's and smoke....tty1's . The vaping world would blow up if you could by a ego at any corner store or big stores .

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I ran into a young lady yesterday at the walgreens checkout line. She was buying cigs and I saw the Blu's. I asked her if she had tried them. She said she did, but as she smokes ultralights, the Blu was too strong for her so she didn't use it long. I pulled out my 5 volt and told her i can adjust the nicotine to ultralight strength if i needed to and encouraged her to look into e-cigs again.

All those ultralight and light smokers are thinking they are doing better smoking those things and they do not realize they are inhaling over 4000 chemicals that are still causing just as much harm. I didn't notice the nic strength of the blu. ( I didn't examine it long) If they do not, they should make ultralight nicotine strength and mark these strengths in big letters on the package. Perhaps they do and they were out of ultralights when the girl made her purchase.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Hangsen and Dekang are the two biggest juice suppliers in the world, so odds are high that the juice comes from them. That doesn't mean it's their best formula though. Some of them can be ok if you like them, but the problem is, as we all know, none of them taste exactly like a cigarette of any kind. On my first puff, I felt I could make it work, but I was basing that more on upper lung sensation than taste.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Oh good grief, Frosting! Yep, that wacky sibling dynamic HAS to be the reason there. Yick. I sure can't understand it any other way. Of course, I've talked to people who want it cig shaped and cig shaped only, and then I guess the standard 510 would be a way to go. Maybe that has something to do with the irrational love for disposable over ego? lol

BTW, Original poster...sorry...totally spaced on your name... The 'Brokebackian' reference totally made my morning. Super clever, you wordsmith, you! ;) Aha! Its WyattDerp! I should have known to expect clever wordplay from you by this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread